• Tweets

• Attention BANKFODDER   Thank you for this. I am sorry you don't have time read everything. I find your comment about my letters being ineffectual is rude and condescending and discourages us (consumers) sharing our experiences, ideas views on this forum.  Which i thought was the point of this forum.     Concerning my letters, emails etc.  At the start of claim i like to fish, and also point out the relevant law.  The fishing helps and often i find process errors - which strengthens my legal claim.  Pointing out the legal basis and expected resolution of my claim early (and getting ignored), will help me increase the quantum. ie a failure to act reasonably. Which judges take very seriously. This is because both parties are expected to mitigate the others losses by working "reasonably" toward settling the dispute.    For example: Packlink wrote this - "Take into account that this type investigation requires the coordination of the different participants involved (driver, depot, warehouse, carrier's local offices), so it might be necessary to wait for a response from the different parties involved before being able to provide you with an answer" and said this can take up to 30 days. Hermes/Packlink responded in less than a day with standard copy and paste email.  Investigating the loss of a parcel is part of the service provided by Hermes/Packlink, and failure to do this with reasonable care skill is another breach of contract and strengthens my claim.    ***********   Lastly, i am interested to hear from others re the use of unfair contractual terms to discourage and put off valid contractual claims. Worse the fact they deliberately train their staff to believe this is law, and they happily mislead customers.  I have experienced this with Apple, Amazon, Hermes etc, etc. and it is getting worse, because helps to swell the companies profits. For consumers, it simply adds insult to injury.     I also believe misrepresenting the law to deprive others may be a criminal offence. If that is case, and others are getting as fed up as me as having take delinquent companies to law, to recover compensation, there may be an opportunity to get regulators involved.  For example ASA might be interested - because they are effectively trying to make you pay to cover yourself against the their breach of contracts.    Now if you want to help, please do so, otherwise let others contribute   Thank you       
    • What does the order that you posted in #46 say?   (I suspect that FTMDave may be suggesting that it would be preferable to have it all complete today so you don't have to run around like a headless chicken tomorrow.  I assume he has a day job that he has to do tomorrow).     Look simeon - I'm sorry, but how the hell would we know where they need to go?    I thought you had already sorted out the piling receipt and which attachment it was?    Where has the rubble truck come from and why haven't you mentioned it before?    Are the amounts for the rubble truck and the roofer already included in the £16577 you are claiming?  If they are, then haven't you already included them in your breakdown of the total and your attachments?  If they aren't already included and are still to be added in, then that means that you are claiming more than £16577.   I can't explain it any more simply than I have done already.  If you just cannot understand or assimilate what FTMDave and I are suggesting, then we really can't help you any further...     =================================================================================================   I would honestly suggest that you spend an hour re-reading and understanding some of the more important posts on this thread.   I think they are #105, #113, #120 and all the posts after #120.   THEN, you need to do what FTMDave suggests in #131 (having read and understood the posts noted above and reading #131 in the light of that understanding).   OK?  I'll look in after 5pm...
    • Afternoon    my three final bill is £35.78 i received a notification that the account on my credit report is settled. Surely it needs to be paid first before it’s settled
    • I did. But I have a problem with my laptop I think because it keeps using my info somewhere in the background even though I only ever use her name etc. I think it remembers me from an old case.    also, whenever I use the government gateway I get problems as it keeps using old logins from other people who I’ve helped in the past with tax returns. I’ve tried clearing cookies and  browsing history but it keeps happening. Eg I put in a gateway code and password but it shows as error because the password doesn’t match the code it’s decided to use. It’s driving me nuts. 
    • Thanks dx 100uk,   Just so I’m clear,   1. I should first send email to bailiff saying x2 previous PCNs for same street went to tribunal & I won , this one I never received any correspondence so could not defend it else I would have & will now be defending it?   2. email the council tell them similar thing , send them tribunal decision of other two?   I need to get confirmation alleged contravention fir this PCN . How should I do that in terms of getting the council to release those details to me?   thanks
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

please help im scared

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

help help help

I was so desperate and stupid last Christmas I took out a log book loan on my car for £1000.

I was paying roughly £38.00 a week for 78 weeks

Unfortunately Ive been really ill with depresion from may and have fell behind with my repayments. Im now around £400 behind...

To stop reposession i need to pay aprox £80 a week which I cannot afford and although i am just now able to pay the minimum of £38 per week they are not accepting my repayment offers.

The loan has just been passed to the repossesion team...

Im so scared I dont know what to do

Please help...

help help help

I was so desperate and stupid last Christmas I took out a log book loan on my car for £1000.

I was paying roughly £38.00 a week for 78 weeks

Unfortunately Ive been really ill with depresion from may and have fell behind with my repayments. Im now around £400 behind...

To stop reposession i need to pay aprox £80 a week which I cannot afford and although i am just now able to pay the minimum of £38 per week they are not accepting my repayment offers.

The loan has just been passed to the repossesion team...

Im so scared I dont know what to do

Please help...

Hi Carter,

First things first!! Don't be scared! There are things you can do. In my opinion and after reading most of the threads on here I and probably many others would advise you to hide your car very well, because you WILL wake up one morning to find it gone and it won't take them long!!!

Once you have done that as that is your number one priority, come back here and read through all the threads to get an idea of what you must do next. A couple of questions for you now:

1) Have you been sent a default notice?

2)Do you have copies of all your agreements and your BOS and are you able to scan and upload them here? (Wipe all your personal details and) agreement numbers etc..

3)Where and how did you take out the loan?

Answer these questions and I'm sure someone like Trooper, Applecart or CCTV will be along to advise more soon as they are the leading experts on here when it comes to LBL.

I would strongly advise you to read what they advise you very carefuly and act on any advise they give you promptly!! Oh and please remember that Log Book Loans also frequent these forums so be very careful in trying not to identify yourself!!

Hope this helps and get that car well hidden!