Orange broadband ARRRRGGGGGGHHHH

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Peeps,

A bit of advice please, We have just left AOL (after a very long time) and joined Orange (may this year) plummed for the £21 per month with the all singing all dancing, full whistles and blowers type of service, but here's the issue.

Since joining them, we constantly lose connection (usually at the important bit) we have requuested help and on every instant done exactly what has been asked.

These are some of the advice received;

1. Seperate power supply- DONE, reason given by Orange - possible power drop from extension lead (not likely) still same issue.:confused:

2. Do you have sky if so disconect any telephone lines connected -DONE - no difference there either.:confused:

3. Try factory reset - DONE - you guessed it still losing connection.:evil:

4. Right we'll send you a new power lead just incase - recieved it DONE - getting a bit sarchastic now but yep that did'nt work either,:evil:

5. Replaced ALL the filters in the house, false alarm that almost worked but NAH.:confused:

My suggestion, remove modem, cancel subscription, complain and go with somebody else, Guess what can't even do that as they say I will have to pay the remainder of the contract (18 months).

So my needs are simple, what rights do I have to cancel the subscription without incurring any additional charges due to the fact I have no received a satisfactory service from Orange, I have made several telephone callslink3.gif to the technical team with an average call lasting 30 minutes, I have only ever received 1 return telephone calllink3.gif back and that was for a billing queery!!!!

I have rung them again today and was on the telephone for 18 mins and they put me through to the 'catagory 2 team' (next floor up) and they promised me a return call within 15 minutes (that was 47 mins ago) and they must have lost connection to me as I have not yet heard the telephone go yet:evil:

Need some clout here

What next guys

Regards

Chris

Guest Orange Response

Hi chrisking1962

I work for Orange and may be able to help. If you can drop me a mail to [email protected], I'll have a look at this for you. So I can pick up your mail quickly, please add 'Andy Orange Response' in the first line.

Please also include the reference ORT1005 and your username from this site, as without them, I will not be able to pick the case up.

Hope this helps

Andy

Orange Response Team

Hi Andy,

thanks for that, just got new netgear modem from Orange to replace Livebox, but still got the issue, so when I have a spare 30 mins to chat will email you as above with my issues and what I beleive is taking far too long to either rectify or just to let me move on and go with another supplier.

regards

chris

Hi Andy,

thanks for that, just got new netgear modem from Orange to replace Livebox, but still got the issue, so when I have a spare 30 mins to chat will email you as above with my issues and what I beleive is taking far too long to either rectify or just to let me move on and go with another supplier.

regards

chris

Hi GASS,

As it stands at the moment I would NOT recommend them to anyone due to the ongoing issues. It is now at the stage where they have requested a BT engineer to come to my home next week and change the main incoming BT socket due to a technical fault, and although the BT person said this would cost £105 for the call out and something else on top, the technical guy at Orange fault management dept has told them they will cover the cost, so I have to give them the opportunity to check this out. Unfortunately this means we have to put up with the drop in connections as and when (which they will) they occur, so until then if you can wait, I would look at other ISP's as there are some very good offers out there at the moment, and if this does not work I will plum for SKY as we are with them with our tv, so it may pay to go with them.

Only regret is we should have stayed with AOL because they offered our old system with a better upgraded modem at almost 1/2 what we were paying previously.

grrrrhh

hope this helps

regards

chris

Sorry Andy,:mad:

I was just emailing you and had almost finished it :Dwhen the connection dropped :(so now I have lost my whole story to you.:-x

I think I will have to do this at work:x, and even though my works server is in Denmark:eek:, theres probably a better chance of it staying connected.:lol:

regards

chris

Hi Andy,:)

Is Orange playing with my connections now,:confused: as I have tried for a 2nd time to compose an email and it disconnected me AGAIN''!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-x

Whats going on?????????????????????????:confused::!:do you know what, there will be a few celebrities soon who will be able to say 'I'm a celebrity get me out of here',:smile: well guess what 'I'm an Orange part-time connected broadband customer':( 'LET ME OUT OF HERE':x:x

regards

chris

Hi Chris,

Sounds like you are having a mare of a time, poor you. I must admit my options were Sky and Orange, so I think it may be the Sky we go for as I cannot afford to have issues like yours as I work from home quite a lot.

Gd luck with the issues and I do hope they are sorted and you enjoy moving to another ISP.

Gass

:lol: GASS

• 1 month later...

Hi...sounds just like my experiences with Orange.

I'm a Cisco certified network engineer, yet the idiots in India would not accept that I knew how to check all of the settings. Trying to deviate off their script gets nowhere as their knowledge of ADSL is non-existant.

I finally got to speak to someone based in the UK by asking the helpdesk idiot to email me a copy of my account history. When he said he couldn't do that for data protection reasons, I quoted the actual text of the Data Protection Act to him and was soon put through to somebody who could help. Within about half an hour, my contract, broadband and landline had all been terminated :)

I'm now with BT and, while it is more expensive, I'm getting 750kbps faster ADSL, no drop-outs, and best of all, technical support that actually know what they're talking about.