SOD'EM

RIM Composite Device drivers doing my head in. Vista can't find driver software. Blackberry 9700

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3452 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

The OH is winding me right up now. She has just bought a Blackberry 9700 and wants me to install the desktop software to sync to her phone (fair enough I hear you saying). Anyhoo, after sucessfully installing the desktop stuff it asks me to plug the Blackberry into the USB slot. After that, it says 'instaling device driver software'. Then this message:-

RIM composite device Failed

Blackberry Smartphone Ready to use

RIM mass storage device Failed

RIM Blackberry SD USB Device Searchin Windows Udate (it has said this for the last 2 hours):mad:

Unidentified device Failed

It prompted me to let it look for the stuff itself both online and on my computer (found nowt), and I also put in the CD that came with the phone and it still couldn't find them. Have even uninstalled and reinstalled the latest software from the Blackberry website and also the latest phone software. I am at my wits end now as I have got more important things to do like the washing, cooking and ironing.:roll:

Have searched online but the 1,000,000 plus different solutions are a load of rubbish. I gave up after trying about ten different ones. This one being the latest failure.

Syncing BB w/ Vista - How to get rid of that annoying "RIM Composite Device" message - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

You have probably been wondering why I haven't bothered you for a while:p, but there you go. It had to happen sooner or later.

Thanks guys in advance.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Have you tried a different USB slot? Windows 7 you're running aswell, which is generally pretty good with hardware. Nothing wrong with the phone cable?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

I'm using my old Vista lappy Loccy which I gave to her. Not taking any chances with the new one.:p

All connections and ports are fine. I Googled the problem and there are thousands of other people with the same problem. All had different solutions. I tried a few, but they didn't work. I need to find the one that seems the most feasible.

So, right click my computer and select properties and load device manager. Are all the drivers there and installed?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

It's an unknown device that has the yellow warning sign on it. Right Clicked, then 'properties, 'update driver' and it couldn't find updates?

Right click it, and take a look at the sub menus... see if you can find the vendor number, and from that a lot of the time you can find matching drivers.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

OK. will do.

I don't suppose you know how to fix Error 5: access is denied.

I am in an admin account.

Upgrade to Windows 7 :p

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

LOL. Too awkward.

Can I delete things from another users account if I log in as administrator.

I need to clear up some space but I can't uninstall anything from the account I need to. Thanks.

Hence the Error 5: access is denied. (even though the account in question has admin rights, they have somehow been taken away and I can't change it back?).

I stayed clear of Vista, sorry.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

rim blackberry News and Other Resources | ZDNet

YOU WILL FIND A FIX ON HERE

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Right click it, and take a look at the sub menus... see if you can find the vendor number, and from that a lot of the time you can find matching drivers.

Hello.... I am too at this stage and ive been on this for 12 hours! ARH....

I too have a yellow ! on RIM composit device, I have tried to manually find the driver (that I have downloaded from the BB site), and still no sucess.

The manufacturer is unknown and error code 1 - This device is not configured correctly.

Any advice would be very greatfully received...

Thanks - A going mad woman who cant live without her BB.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional