ddsdavey

Shop refunds/replacements??

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3662 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Ok so i used to own an Xbox 360,you know those machines that overheat,i think they play games also but mostly they act as a radiator! Anyway it went red light etc and i swore never again.Anyway 2 years later and ive seen too many games id like to play and someone told me the new revisions hold up alot better.On this statement i took the plunge....

So yesterday i purchased a brand new Xbox 360 Elite,anyway i get it home set it all up and nothing,no light nothing! Everytime i press on button the power brick turns red,ive googled and the experts say theres no hope,for whatever reason it arrived completely dead.Now my iimmediate assumption would be take it back,refund,sorted! But im glad i checked up. I dont want a replacement,its Ps3 for me now based on my first 360 and more crucially the fact i bought one of these apparently new and improved ones and was dead from the beginning,i dont think anyone can blame me for wanting to with that track record surely?

So my concern is that it seems a shop does not have to give a refund for faulty goods,that a replacement is all they need do?

But i dont want a replacement as i simply dont trust the product anymore and i dont want a credit note as im unsure when ill have the extra cash for it plus there prices for 360s were the cheapest by comparison (hence my visit!),there PS3s are not competetively priced.

One thing i dont want and you seem to get it anyway whether its warranted or not is funny staff,cocky lads who work the electronics till so think they are friggin "Geohotz" etc.

Anyone else noticed that? That even wneh your in the right the staff just hate you anyway!

Im not out for friends though,just my money back thanks!

A shop does need to provide a refund policy for faulty goods. You are entitled to a refund under s35 of the Sales of Goods Act 1979 (You are rejecting the goods within a reasonable amount of time) as the goods do not conform to contract as per s14 of the SGA79.

If the shop is still saying no tell them that their refund policy is illegal and ask them for their legal departments address, as well as informing them you will be reporting them to trading standards.

They can have the item looked at (to check that its not an old one and is faulty).

Though why buy an Xbox elite when the new Xbox 250gb is out??

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Why not Sony,more like!

So they dont just have to replace it?

I didnt think so,i was thinking theres many scenarios where you wouldnt want a replacement.

Thanks mate!

There are millions of happy xbox owners, you just seem to be unfortunate

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.