• Tweets

• “If Trump’s stock in Truth Social, his company, drops any lower, he might do better under my tax plan than his.” — President Biden, while pitching his plan for higher taxes on the rich in Scranton, Pennsylvania LOL   Does seem that way HB - all the little trumpies throwing their money away while 'larger players' milk them by 'shorting it seems     I'm waiting for it to drop below $20 before investing ... .. some more chortles  
    • It's mostly small investors, isn't it, TJ? I don't think Wall Street and institutions have bought into Truth Social. Much like US banks don't want to lend to him, I'm reading.
    • Looking on their website I would of thought that a Life interest trust would of been set up, and they state:   "A life interest trust  (also known as possession trusts or interest in possession trusts) be used for preserving assets for the next generation whilst providing a benefit for the current generation. For example, if your home is placed into a life interest trust, then the person with this interest can continue to live there until their death. The house would then be distributed in line with your Will." & A trust can be created in your lifetime, which is to take immediate effect (often referred to as a “lifetime settlement”), or it can be created on death through your Will (known as a “Will Trust”).
    • “If Trump’s stock in Truth Social, his company, drops any lower, he might do better under my tax plan than his.” — President Biden, while pitching his plan for higher taxes on the rich in Scranton, Pennsylvania   LOL Hit $26 and likely temporarily bounced back a bit to 27 dollars - from $78 - still a good return on MHA (malodorous hot air)   Wonder whos making the money off this ponzi looking scheme share price colapse?
    • I would have thought so but I'm no lawyer. What did the one that you spoke to say? You could also google about how/when a will trust is set up to get more of an idea before you speak to the original lawyer. HB
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

ML@myowndomainname FREE!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So I am starting a new local support group in my area (autism related). Giot the building, got the dates, we're all set to get going.

What I do need is an e-mail address which will be separate from my usual one, and ideally I'd want one that says: *name* @ *support group name*. com/co/whatever... and not *support group name* @ gmail/hotmail/AOL, etc...

All the ones I have found so far have a fee attached to them and as this is purely voluntary (even managed to get the room for free!), I'd rather not have to pay for it, obviously.

Any help out here? I don't expect it to be high volume, you know, reminders of next meeting, that kind of thing, and numbers unlikely to ever exceed 100 (and that's a REALLY big margin!)

Thanks in advance. :-)

this might help Bookie and looks like it lets you have a website etc

Beginner's guide to set up a free domain and Custom-email-id@domain

also asked a mate if he can do something for you as he has contacts

got some news whole lot prob no more than £10 or less PM me

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

If you go for a free one there is aways the risk of losing it if the free service stops. If you buy a .co.uk domain you own the domain so can never lose it (assuming you renew it). Heartinternet costs about 6 quid for 2 years.

If you want a site then investing that small amount in a domain makes it look much more professional. And you could always put a few ads on it so it pays for itself.

Once you have the domain and point it at whatever webhost you use setting up the emails is very easy.

Bookie still waiting for the web guy my end etc, to reply

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

A webdomain really needs to be purchased and ideally by the person responsible for the domain....

Some webmaster will register a domain on your behalf and then charge you for hosting it, all will go well until such time as a fall out and then if you don't dance to the tune of the host they can hold you to ransom over the domain name and in some cases that can be quite a hit to take as in lose your domain name etc.

The best domain registrar for a .com is godaddy.com Domain Names, Web Hosting and SSL Certificates - Go Daddy which according to their current front page is £6.24 for the year but perhaps more importantly they are usually much cheaper than most when it comes to renewal.

If you want privacy on the .com so that it does not show any of your details godaddy offerr a further service via their other site domainsbyproxy.com (but can be purchased via godaddy at the same time as the domain) which when searched via say whoisdomain or similar will show nothing about you whatsoever. That service running alongside the .com registration is a further £6 per year (approx)

For a .co.uk domain godaddy again will do it for you at around the same price and again their renewal is cheaper but they cannot give privacy on it as it's a .co.uk domain. Nominet control the .co.uk domain and they'll allow you an optout where your address is concerned but not your name, as a private individual your name will be shown if somebody chooses to look up the domain details.

Namesco - Web domain, Register domain names, Hosting, Dedicated server solutions ? Namesco (used to be simplynames.co.uk, then simply.co.uk now the above but they're good for a UK domain but their

renewal isn't the cheapest.

Cheap hosting with a proper cpanel can be sourced for as little as £2.50 a month and that includes a server with fantastico attached which has plenty of add-ons to help enhance the website and also allows you to add a chat forum similar to smf or phpbb Byte are good and if you look around their website there is also free hosting. Free Hosting, Paid Hosting, Reseller Services & VPS Servers : Byet Internet

It's ok owning a website but if it's to get busy you'll need support and sometimes the cheaper hosts do not come through with the goods, a sort of you get what you pay for.

Golden rule with a domain is always register your own domain, do not let others do it for you.

Next years domains look exciting for those that can afford it (cporporate) as soon they'll be able to dispense with the .com and .co.uk and simply have something such as http://ebay or http://google tld's will be a thing of the past to brand names.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Thanks Deb, in the end, I registered with 123-reg, and it only cost me £7 for 2 years!

I don't really need the website as such, I really wanted the specific name so I could use for e-mail address, which I have now done through Gmail, and it's all working AOK!!! :-D

Yes. Good luck Bookster. I have always wanted my own website, but have no idea as to how to design it and so on.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

If you do a search for Joomla on Google, there are templates and stuff to design your own, Sod'em.

I haven't actually looked at the website site of things, but the way I forwarded the e-mail addy on Google, they had a link to building websites too with GoogleAps, I'll let you know how that goes when I have had a chance to have a look.

Yes. Good luck Bookster. I have always wanted my own website' date=' but have no idea as to how to design it and so on.[/quote']

Try a free template, use an appropriate editor and try to learn a little css /html / flash and away you go.

Cpanel with fantastico attached has some nifty tools (inclusive of joomla) to help you get started and some hosts even have page builders attached to the hosting package.

Some free template sites that you can download and play about with can be found here

Free Web Templates - Free website templates, web templates, page layouts, flash templates, business templates, css templates, wordpress themes, joomla templates

Free Website Templates for Download. Find free web layouts. Free Web Templates.

CoffeeCup is an excellent starter editor for html

Free HTML Editor | CoffeeCup Software

and if you want to check your work and see how it's doing online re search engines and compatibilty then there is no place like google's web optimzer to help you.

https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=websiteoptimizer&continue=http://www.google.com/analytics/siteopt/%3Fhl%3Den&hl=en

• Haha 1

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

• 1 year later...

About free domains

If you google "free domain names" you'll find some including .ly and .co.cc

Domains like weebly.com, webs.com, moonfruit.com, blogger.com, and wordpress.com are of course free but hard to take with you if you change your free provider, or it closes or starts charging.

The shorter domains may have a charge for .co.cc so you may need to fiddle about a bit before finding a good one.

With a bit of skill and patience these can be added to one of the free and easy web building services like Moonfruit, which is good for a quick good-looking start on a leaflet-like site, or Wordpress which is designed for blogs but can be tweaked into a bigger and more expandable site apparently.

In Moonfruit, the method to connect to a domain that doesn't end "moonfruit.com" is hidden-away on a user dashboard, but it can be done.

Free hosts that allow a range of free open source software packages with a one-click install exist in the USA. You still have to spend time learning how to use the software though - there isn't a click for that!

About paid-for domains

Org.uk and co.uk are cheaper than .com

UKcheapest tend to live up to their name - good luck with 123.reg!

Edited by Mortlake64
re-read thread and realised I should have done this to start with!