CP Plus Limited: Parking Tickets

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm heading to Newquay for a friends stag do. In order to save costs a few of us are meeting up at the Moto Frankley Services on the M5. The parking is run by CP Plus LTD. I was trying to find the cost of parking for the weekend, (fri-sun) however, while searching i've come across plenty of websites/forums saying this is a [problem] and not to pay.

There is parking at the Travelodge based at the same sight. However you need to be a guest and type your car registration at reception in order to gain free parking.

Could someone please clarify and help me try and find the best thing to do. As i wouldn't want to return and find my car clamped or towed.

Thanks in advance,

Chris.

You have to pay the (ordinary) costs for parking there. What you don't have to pay are any "penalties" demanded by the parking company if you break their "rules". That's the difference.

Do yourself a favour. I think that the services charge in the region of £15 per day for over 2 hours parking, so for the weekend you are looking at £45.

Continue down the M5 for 5 miles to junction 4, and you can park for free in Catshill, Marlbrook or Lickey End along the A38. Carry on a little further and you have Wychbold off junction 5. You have very easy access to and from the M5/M42 in both directions.

All you need to do is have a look on Google Earth or Google maps, select where you think is the best place to park and arrange to meet there instead. It's probably a lot more secure parking on street than in a service station car park as well, because there is always someone watching what is going on.

Edited by RichardM
Added Wychbold as an alternative.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

it reads the op is looking for somewhere to leave cars for the whole w/end and travel away in just one.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

it reads the op is looking for somewhere to leave cars for the whole w/end and travel away in just one

Exactly.

Leave the cars on street, and drive off in one car. The places I mentioned are all villages or estates with abundant on street unrestricted parking and all less than two miles from motorway junctions. Arrange to park at a specific location, meet up and away they go.

I do the same when I fly out of Heathrow. I park about four miles away near a friend of mine and do a taxi to the airport. £10 taxi ride each way or £130 for parking. A no brainer really.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D