On a lighter note

Bosund
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI,

While I appreciate the seriousness of this site, I have other threads, I hope the following will give people a chuckle and at the same time emphasise the need to carefully read everything MBNA sends you.

The following is a true copy of an email exchange I've recently had with MBNA: -

Sent: 16/07/2010

Hi, Could you please advise why I have been charged a late payment fee for last month when the payment was due on the 20/06 and is shown as received by you, 'posted', on the 20/06.

Received: 20/07/2010

from Customer Service

Thank you for contacting us. To clarify, on-line payments taken before 5pm Monday to Friday will be credited to your credit card account in two business days. Payments made after 5pm or weekends or bank holidays will be credited to your account in three business days. Therefore, as shown on your June statement your payment was due by Tuesday 20 June, however, your payment was made on Saturday 17 June at 12.27pm. Your July statement shows this payment was received on 21 June and a late fee was applied in accordance with your terms and conditions. I am unable to refund the late fee as it is a valid charge. I trust this clarifies the situation. Kind regards.

Sent: 20/07/2010[/font]

Please check your dates, 17th June was a THURSDAY...idiot

Received: 23/07/2010

from Customer Service

Thank you for your reply. I apologise for stating that 17 June was a Saturday, this was an error on my part, as I was looking at July. The 17 June was a Thursday, and as your payment was due Saturday 20, still not enough time was allowed for it to reach your account on Time. Kind regards.

Sent: 26/07/2010

The 20th June 2010 was a SUNDAY... please forward this email conversation to a manager, or inform me how I can get in touch with one.

:)

Edited by Bosund

Please note: I have no formal qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith. :)

• 2 months later...
:oops::oops: Just makes you wonder what sort of people work there and which calendar they use. They could have been using the Julian Calendar instead :|

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I thinks it's the same formula they use for accounting, pick a number, add 3, yes that's close enough...:lol:

Please note: I have no formal qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith. :)