Talk Talk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Not sure if i'm posting in the right place, a while back my telephone had a fault, i reported it to talktalk and they said we;ll look into it. next thing a BT engineer turns up and fixes it. All good. Now today I've had a bill for £169.94!!! including an engineers charge of £130!!! Now, they never told me of a visit, never advised me of a charge and let me decide. Can they do this? their service is currently busy and they keep hanging up grrrr.

What was the problem? Basically after the master socket is your responsibility, and they will charge you to fix this (although I believe they normally inform you before this happens) If it was before the master socket, then they shouldn't bill you.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I'm probably confusing the issue, there were 2 visits neither of which i was advised, the first one a wire was off the box and he fixed it and the second one was the phone problem. I'm assuming its the second visit cos its only just been billed for.

err no because i only wanted my line testing which they do over the phone, the actual bill for the visit was £130. I've spoken to ofcom and they've told me they CANNOT charge for a visit that I knew nothing about, i should have been advised about possible charges, I still can't get through to talktalk cos their systems have been down all day!!!

You've spoken to Ofcom and have answered your own question,but I am a little confused.

You say

err no because i only wanted my line testing which they do over the phone, the actual bill for the visit was £130

However, you previously said the wasn't a problem, ....."it was my phone"??

You also said there were two visits for two different problems...which couldn't have been sorted out over the phone.

If you really didn't know they were going to visit then ask them for a copy of the recording and you will then be in a position to argue the point. Even £130 is a lot for a visit, you could have a new line put in for less!

well if they make a fuss i will ask for the recording, my friend reported my first fault for me and i reported the second through automated I think it was, heard nothing until both times opened the door to an engineer!! I actually asked him that time if i had to pay and he said what did talktalk say? i said nothing cos they never said u was coming! (first time) their systems still down btw!!

Telecoms companies have 8 weeks before the ombudsman will look at a case. Better to ask for them to pay in full or send you a deadlock letter so you can escalate the complaint to the ombudsman.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar