Default Removal Help.

bkmr

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have scoured the forums for advice and information regarding previous cases and the main threads I've came across are SurlyBonds & powerful_rogue.

I'm looking for advice on how to pursue the following.

I had a an account with Shop Direct that was sold to Lowell while I was in Afghanistan. It is now settled however it is the only sore eye on my credit file.

My last bill from Shop Direct was for £195.72 12/12/09 yet my first bill from Lowell was for £366.71 26/01/2010, although SD had applied a credit of £170.99 which they then added back onto the bill, but I never received notice of this until the final amount in the letter to say the debt had been sold. I have a letter from both parties stating that the debt was sold by Shop Direct to Lowell on 01/06/10, but the both letters were dated 26/01/10 so this date was in the future and had not yet happened. The SD letter refers to Lowell Portfolio I Ltd, Lowell letter refers to Lowell Portfolio Ltd, but then states that Lowell Financial Ltd have been appointed as collection agents.

These letters remain the only thing I have of any reference, but none mention anything with regard to a default notice to the CRA's. Although It's listed by the CRA's as having defaulted on 14/12/09, but I have no record of this.

Lowell list a credit agreement date as 12/07/2007, but there is no proof and I couldn't say if this is correct and on the CRA's it is listed as starting on 07/12/2007. My wife agreed to pay Lowell £50 as I could not be contacted and I could not contact Lowell as I would have to give personal details over an unsecure line. Does it have any affect that my wife made the agreement and not myself? I returned at the end of April and paid the debt of in full as I just wanted rid of them and to enjoy some home time.

I am currently waiting to see if the CRA's have been properly updated at the begining of next month, but If I can have this removed as I said it all happened when I was in Afghanistan and it is the only black mark on my credit file.

I full appreciate any help and guidance on this matter and will try my utmost to give you any information that will aid you in helping in this matter. I have all the letters from Lowell and the ones from Shop Direct a few months previous to this all taking course.

Should I try contacting Shop Direct or will it all be through Lowell?

Edited by bkmr