bkmr

Default Removal Help.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3659 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have scoured the forums for advice and information regarding previous cases and the main threads I've came across are SurlyBonds & powerful_rogue.

I'm looking for advice on how to pursue the following.

I had a an account with Shop Direct that was sold to Lowell while I was in Afghanistan. It is now settled however it is the only sore eye on my credit file.

My last bill from Shop Direct was for £195.72 12/12/09 yet my first bill from Lowell was for £366.71 26/01/2010, although SD had applied a credit of £170.99 which they then added back onto the bill, but I never received notice of this until the final amount in the letter to say the debt had been sold. I have a letter from both parties stating that the debt was sold by Shop Direct to Lowell on 01/06/10, but the both letters were dated 26/01/10 so this date was in the future and had not yet happened. The SD letter refers to Lowell Portfolio I Ltd, Lowell letter refers to Lowell Portfolio Ltd, but then states that Lowell Financial Ltd have been appointed as collection agents.

These letters remain the only thing I have of any reference, but none mention anything with regard to a default notice to the CRA's. Although It's listed by the CRA's as having defaulted on 14/12/09, but I have no record of this.

Lowell list a credit agreement date as 12/07/2007, but there is no proof and I couldn't say if this is correct and on the CRA's it is listed as starting on 07/12/2007. My wife agreed to pay Lowell £50 as I could not be contacted and I could not contact Lowell as I would have to give personal details over an unsecure line. Does it have any affect that my wife made the agreement and not myself? I returned at the end of April and paid the debt of in full as I just wanted rid of them and to enjoy some home time.

I am currently waiting to see if the CRA's have been properly updated at the begining of next month, but If I can have this removed as I said it all happened when I was in Afghanistan and it is the only black mark on my credit file.

I full appreciate any help and guidance on this matter and will try my utmost to give you any information that will aid you in helping in this matter. I have all the letters from Lowell and the ones from Shop Direct a few months previous to this all taking course.

Should I try contacting Shop Direct or will it all be through Lowell?

Edited by bkmr

Well Lowell have updated it as satisfied now.

Which company should I pirsue to get it removed? Lowell or Shop Direct?