lowell chasing o2 debt from 2007 please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not lowlifes and the infamous 3 Mobile phone debts!

Quite how many departments they think they have in their broom cupboard is laughable, they really do like to stretch their imagination...'Fraud Department'!

The only fraud department they need is their own to investigate who nicked the last red crayon.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi

i was wondering if anyone can help,

i was called today by a company called advantis about an o2 account from 2007 saying i owe 399 pounds.

i had a company called red ring about this last year and i told them i dont have an account i use pay as you go ,

they said they would look into it and with them not getting back to me i assumed they had got the wrong person.

i explained all this to advantis and they said i need to report it to the police

and get a crime number so they can put the account in dispute .

i told them there has been nothing wrong with my banking account (which i told red)

and i also said what is the police going to do about something that happened 5 yrs ago.

i dont know how this company got my number as it is ex directory

and dont know what else to tell them or do ,

i hope someone can help as im a little worried these people are going to keep ringing my phone off the wall.

i would appreciate anything anyone can tell me

If there has been a crime, you are not the victim - O2 is, so it is they who should report the crime.

Don't talk to these people on the phone, and send them a letter saying that you have never had a contract with O2, and will consider any further contact as harrassment.

• 3 weeks later...

hi

ive had a letter from them requesting the 399 pounds and also a phone call today.

i ended up having to shout down the phone because the guy wouldnt let me get a word in.

he said i need to pay the money as it is in my name and seeing as i have not reported it to the police

and refuse to report it then they are going to start proceedings to recover this debt.

when i got a word in i told him as you said that it is o2 who should report it not me

and he said no it is your debt so i said in that case send me the contract with my bank account details on

and some form signature stating it is mine .

he said he doesnt have that information and that they are a debt collection agency and thier client is o2.

im still not reporting it and i dont acknoledge the debt ,

to which he said ok then we will keep on calling and writing to you ,

and at this point i put the phone down.

any advice you can give me regarding this will be much appreciated as its starting to worry me now

sorry my other question is how come a five year old debt suddenly comes to light

to which one company (red) got the message it wasnt mine and went away

,how can they chase someone after five years the person could be anywhere.

i forgot to mention alsdo in the first phone call i didnt know who they were

and gave him my name /dob/and postcode i realise now what a fool ive been

• 9 months later...

hi everyone

im after a little help on what to do next regarding an issue ive got with lowell and debt managers ltd.

for years now i keep getting letters and phone calls from these people saying i owe them money due to an outstanding o2 account .

ive keep telling them ive never had one ,ive sent prove it letters to which it goes quiet for a few months and then it starts up again ,and its been like this for years now.

they have recently contacted me again and i have denied all knowledge of the debt and sent a prove it letter to which they replied stating all recovery will cease until investigated and contacted their client ,which they lied about as the next day they texted my phone(how they got my number i dont know)

i then sent a letter saying they were basically breaking the law by trying to recover monies while it was in dispute .

ive now got a letter back stating and i quote

Dear Mr xxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter. In order for us to provide the information you have requested, can you confirm your connection to (my address was here).

Regards

Sam N Parcs

can anyone help me egarding this as i dont wish to give them any details.

thankyou in advance

They are trying to get you to give them the info they dont have. Then theg can concoct a story to try and get you to pay.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Ensure you make a complaint to the OFT&TS also, get onto O2 and lodge a complaint with them too.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 months later...

hi everyone im looking for some advice regarding an o2 account from 2007.

I have been chased for this now on and off from various companies saying I owe nearly four hundred pounds.

I keep telling them its not mine and asked them to prove it ,send me details of account number of my banking or anything thing like that but get nothing from them.

all they say is I will need to provide a crime number or pay up which I have no intention of doing.

I have now received an email with a said invoice/statement with what I am supposed to owe.

the invoice just says

opening balance £399

closing balance £399

that's all it says nothing else.

any help would be much appreciated on what I should do next .

im afraid to admit that like an idiot I gave them my details over the phone one time when they phoned up.

this is the email that was attached

dear xxxxxx

Further to my email dated 8th May 2013.

Please see attached statement from 02, I can also advise the following: Mobile Number :......: O2 ONLINE Payment method : Connection Date : 22/01/2007 Open Date : 22/01/2007 Last Bill Date : 28/06/2007 Disconnection Date : 28/06/2007 Last Payment Date : 09/07/2007 Last payment amount : 25 Last DD rejected amount : Airtime Debt: 399.20 Early Terminate Fee : 0.00.

The full balance is now due, please complete and return the enclosed income and expenditure form along with your offer of repayment. If you are in financial difficulties please be advised to seek help from either The Citizens Advice Bureau or StepChange Debt Charity.

Or if you believe the above account has been taken out fraudulently in your name, and using your address, please contact Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 to obtain a reporting reference number and forward the reference number to ourselves to enable us to refer the matter back to our Client.

The account will remain on hold for a 14 days.

If in the meantime you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact myself on ....or by email to the address below.

Edited by dazzaman12

I'm afraid I cannot offer much in the way of advice but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help you out. However, you need to remove your attached letter as its not done correctly. I was able to move all the 'BBBB' text away by clicking and dragging on the PDF meaning your full details are in the public eye.

I was even able to make out the name and address without moving the text. Use paint and upload a .jpg image.

Hi This need to be dealt with by a Formal Complaint, so send the following by recorded delivery to.

The Director of Customer Service

O2.

Formal Complaint./ Notice of Disassociation.

Re: Mobile phone account number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Sir/Madam,

PLEASE TAKE NOTE: I refer to your communication dated xx xx xxxx, I do n not not now ot acknowledge any debt to O2, I am NOT the account holder you seek.

I am not now nor ever have been a customer of O2 and have no knowledge of the account or the mobile phone number.

I now require O2 to cease processing all data relating to me including but not limited to: My name and home address, my personal e-mail address. O2 will also remove ALL adverse data from ALL credit reference agency files to which it has reported this matter.

O2 WILL confirm in writing by Royal Mail that it has complied with my instructions, failure to do so WILL result in further action against O2 and O2 can take this communication to be a LETTER BEFORE ACTION.

The actions that O2 MUST take to avoid further action are clearly set out above, and it should be aware that I will seek financial redress for the stress, time and costs I have incurred because of the company's intransigence.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

check your cra file too

see below.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the thing is what if I did have an account and forgotten about it .

they say its from 2007 ,I cant remember things from two years ago nevermind 6 years ago.

should I just pay it or keep battling on ,as thet still havnt produced any real evidence other than me giving them my details when they phoned .

if it was mine why cant they tell me which bank the direct debit was supposed to come from or account

dazza, I would not worry about it being a 'forgotten' account, the drafted letter does not acknowledge any liability for any debt.

I agree if they cannot give you simple information and cannot justify that they have any reason for assuming that you are the

debtor, then you do NOT have to prove you are the debtor.

The OFT Guidance on Debt Collection is clear that the onus of providing unequivocal proof that you ARE the debtor falls entirely on the creditor.

Send the letter!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

pop up on noddle see below

that should tell you

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thankyou everyone for all your advice ,I will send the letter and see what they come up with next.

after reading up on here surely they shouldn't be harassing anyone for the debt as it is 6 years old isn't that statute barred or doesn't it apply to these sort of debts

6yrs for YOUR last payment

this is where your CRA file might help.

dx

and they

in the letter they are saying I am supposed to have opened the account on 22.1.2007 and last payment due date was 22.6.2007 and direct debit payment rejected on 9.7.2007

so really no monies have exchanged hands at all ,so its almost six years old .

or am I looking at it all wrong

get your cra file.

dx

and they

I don't mean it to sound like I am waffling ,I am one of these that likes to get everything into perspective

and cover every angle for every eventuality.

it maybe because I am a bit thick and it takes a while but it sinks in eventually

I have posted the letter and I am awaiting the response

thankyou for your advice