MBNA account, what to do??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The CCA from MBNA appeared to be enforceable but judging from others they may have been doing a bit of cutting and pasting on the documents so im not entirely sure. In all the confusion I didnt send an in dispute letter (stupid of me I know)

anyway they have since added around £300 in interest.

I broke the golden rule of not answering the phone a month ago and agreed a settlement figure of 35% which I said I could pay in 28 days, however, they had sent a letter to say my account was about to be written off as bad debt and passed to DCA.

I wasnt overly concerned as my credit file is already terrible and im being chased by other DCAs but I agreed to pay £60 to keep the account with MBNA and pay the settlement this month.

I had a letter a few days ago to say that once again they are about to write my account off as bad debt but I am not able to pay them the 35% settlement.

becasue i didnt dispute the account originally and they have added so much interest I dont know where I stand on the amount to pay.

hould I send them a cheque for 35% of the balance plu the interest amount (35% of £1350) or just the amount that was due 12 months ago when I asked for the CCA??

Doe anyone have a draft letter I can forward that binds them to the conditions of the letter should they bank the cheque? I rememebr a post a few weeks ago where a lady had done the same?

help needed please :confused:

mm

I do not believe there is a template as such, but I can list some of the points you should raise.

I also believe that until you have their agreement to your requirements in writing, then you should not send a cheque.

Also send by Recorded Delivery and given them 7 days (or better still a date) when you must received their response.

1. Make sure that they state the exact amount in figures and writing.

2. They should confirm a date by which the cheque should be received by them.

3. They must confirm that receipt of the said amount by cheque will be in Full and Final Settlement of all amounts owing on that Account (again Acount number, Card Name and your name ) to be quoted.

4. No balance will be owed, and there will be NO amount outstanding against this account, and therefore NO amount owing will be passed on, sold etc. to any Agency to persue.

5. Your Credit File entry will be marked as Satisfied/Settled within 28 days of receipt of your cheque.

6. Once the cheque has been cashed you will require a letter stating that this account is now satisfied and no further collection activity will be made on this account (again, all account details to be quoted on said letter).

I think that is all, but just wait to see if anyone else has a differing opinion or something to add.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Thanks for that, I would just like it settled and gone.

I was thinking to put all the information in the letter to them offering them 35% of the £1000 which was due before all the interest thy added so I could use the above and put that by banking the cheque they agree to the information on the letter.

Basically im trying to get away without paying for the extra interet they charged. if I let them come back to me surely they will do 35% of the £1300.

any thoughts??