121man

Money Owed For Overtime & Breach of Contract

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3641 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Guys,

Unsure of something maybe someone can clear things up for me.

I was until recently working as a security officer for a company for the last six years, and have been sacked for gross misconduct (this is an ongoing case, as it was unfair dismissal to save money without redundancy).

The company i was working for was bought out from my original employers (like ASDA buying MORRISONS) and they also got all staff when this happened, since then i have not been asked or signed a new contract of employment with the new company, I have just found and seen in my original contract of emplyment it states i should get time and a half for all overtimes yet the company that took over only paid me the normal hourly rate, would this be a breach of contract as they have not paid me anything but the standard hourly rate for overtimes in the last six years and can i chase this up legally ?:-?

Thanks for all your help.

Appreciate it

Hi there.

I don't know the answer, sorry, but one of our gurus should. They don't seem to be around much this morning, must be the Monday effect :).

Have you spoken to ACAS or the CAB about this? ACAS have a confidential helpline, number on their website.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks for the advice i shall check that out.

Appreciate it

Anyone else with some insight ?

Did you get anywhere with ACAS?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Actually yes, they said it should not be a problem and that i am entitled to the money owed, but i should make my employers aware of the situation, so i did and it's been three weeks now and no reply, what do you think i should do ?

Thanks

you should get the money they owe you but how far back you can go I dont know my self

I got money back off the company i work for from 2009 this week