Will not refund a faulty item

Markb03
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a motherboard from Maplin Electronics in store last September (09) and instantly it would not work. So i swapped it for another one in store the same day.

Last month the usb's stopped working. My external hard drive and my mouse stopped working o this motherboard but they worked on other devices.

So I put windows back on my system thinking it was issues with windows but still nothing.

So I went and took it back to the store and had it sent off as they need to test it. I have been told it works fine when they tested it so they are refusing to refund it and are sending it back to me.

In the mean time I purchased another motherboard as I needed to get online so now i am £130 out of pocket.

What are my rights here?

I am saying its faulty and they are not so I am out of £130

Cheers

Hmm this is a tricky one. I would see if you can get a copy of the engineers report as to what tests were conducted specifically ones to the USB ports. If they say they done this and its still not working for you then, you may need to bring in an independent to look at it, if they find it is faulty get them to put this in a report and send it to their customer services. If they still contest this which they probably wouldn't, then you may need to take it further as in legal action, but i doubt it would get this far.

They have no need to send you their report. It is past the six months, so you have lost the right to rejection and a return of your money unless they are feeling generous.

You will need to get your own engineer to check it out and pay for that investigation. If he can show that it has an inherent fault, the most you can expect is an exchange or a repair.

A mate checking it out won't do, you will be entitled you the cost of your engineers fee should it be proved that it has an inherent fault.

If they find it has been overclocked, that won't go in your favour.