Has Vanquis ever taken court action to recover cc debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Asking this for a guy on my street, he is a pensioner and stupidly applied for a vanquis card with an extortionate interest rate.

Initially they gave he £250 limit but within 6 months this had gone up to £2250 without him asking, as he has never had nothing for years, he has been buying things with it, like new tv, bed, cooker and a few otherr bit and bobs.

But has got his self in a pickle now as the min payment per month is now £75 and he just doesn't have it. I wrote to vanquis on his behalf to see if they would stop the interest (nearly £60 a month) and let him pay it of at £20 a month. There reply was they would accept £20 a month for 6 months, but would not stop the interest.

So there is no point payment if the are going to increase the debt by £40 every month. I asked him was he bothered about a crap credit rating and he said it was rubbish anyway that why he used vanquis.

So was wondering if anyone has ever been taking to court over a vanquis cc debt. As he said doesn't fancy a day in court to be ridiculed over his stupidity.

I think it would be enforceable has was only taken out about 8 months ago. But as they are part of Provident so I've been told, wondered if they use to courts to enforce as I know Provident don't

I dont know but if I was him i'd just keep paying an amount he can afford say £10 a month, eventually they will probably terminate and if they dont like it they can take it to court but if hes paying anyway its surely pointless. Reclaim all the charges and check he didnt unknowingly take out ppi(which I imagine was unsuitable) and dont forget to add the contractual interest(it soon adds up).

Thats just my view btw, I dont have much knowledge on the subject but that seems reasonable to me.

I send a SAR and came to the conclusion they keep ONLY computer records, no paper filing system!! Send a CCA request for both my wife and me ans the SAR for mine, no Credit Agreement! I wrote to them requesting the "missing" documents or a statement that they do not have it but no reply yet. Also awaiting the SAR docs for my wive.

Could be that they failed to supply it but a SAR will clear it up for your friend. I can also post again when I get more confirmation that there are no paper files at Vanquis or scanned agreements!

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One

There is no ppi on it I have checked and there are no charges as yet as he paid last month after they badgered him on the phone and left himself with no money for the week.

There is nothing to claim back it is their riddicular interest of 41.9% that is making the balance near imposible to reduce he paid £70 last month all that came off the balance was £15

There is no point him paying any reduced payment if they are going to add £60 a month.

But I have told him if they ring again not to speak to them and don't pay them any more. Stupid man is leaving him self with no money for food or his utility bills

Their in-house collectors IMPACT are fanatical with their phone calls! The worst I ever experienced!

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One