• Tweets

• Thank You Bankfodder. What do you mean by the statement I have been offered?   I really eish i could make it a clean break and return the car as I want this to end and I dont really want a car without service history but I feel I am stuck in a hard place. The MOT is due next month and the warnings on the car are becoming more frequent. Either way I'm sure i will end up having to fix it.
    • Being objective, it could be that they accept you've cancelled the DD mandate and you can no longer access the gym.   But that does not rule out them arguing that you cancelled early or without the notice they require.   Let's not second guess though - let us know if they come after you for more, or if they let it rest.
    • I'm asking this as a result of a recent experience as i know some of you are really knowledgeable about disciplinarys. I know it's going to sound a bit cryptic but here goes.   So without giving too much away, if a local authority staff member is caught somewhere they should not be, doing something they should not be doing (usually a criminal record)  & when confronted by a member of the public tells that member of public to F' off, makes derogatory remarks about them, then on camera gives them the middle finger (all backed by witness statement), what sort of hope does that person have of retaining their job?   Clearly gross misconduct, but realistically is this survivable?
    • ROFL Says the person who almost exclusively just posts his unsupported 'opinion', ... which actually seem to come straight from Boris the Liars Puerile book of Populist Jingles (2nd edition) - but that is the populist way isn't it whether Russian troll bot or actual populist on a forum - point the finger of their own failings at others.     Back to reality: People just have to google 'Johnson foreigner lies' to get swamped with examples,   - or just 'Johnson lies' to get his divisive hate and division peddling on everything  racist/foreigner bashing/ misogynistic/the list goes on .. peddling to name but a few.   Heres just a couple of examples from literally thousands across the world: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/37-lies-gaffes-scandals-make-18558695   https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-record-sexist-homophobic-and-racist-comments-bumboys-piccaninnies-2019-6?r=US&IR=T   https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/boris-johnson-brexit-middle-east-priti-patel-israel-balfour-robert-fisk-a9030356.html   https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/06/24/the-empty-promise-of-boris-johnson   Now your turn to catch up supporting your many 'opinion' posts Mr unsupported populist opinionist. .. .. A little help: Try googling 'boris Johnson competent' oops that  wont help you.      
    • I had some good news on this yesterday as the dealer refunded me in full. This wasn't without a fight though and he was digging his heels in. I did mention my rights several times and dismissed his claims regarding a warranty.   I was due to drop it off at his mechanics yesterday but they were closed until Monday. He said he would get the issues fixed before reselling it. I've checked this morning and the car is listed back on Autotrader. It's obvious they don't care.   Thanks all to helped on here.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
        • Thanks
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
        • Thanks
      • 16 replies
Yorky2008

Halifax £1/£5 day charges

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3616 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

As I am sure a lot of other people have on here I have been hit by th hike in Halifax bank charges.

Went they announced they were bringing them in I went into my branch and told them I did not accept their charges and wanted to close the account, obviously they wouldnt let me as overdrawn so informed them that I wished to stick to my old agreement as per agreement when signed up for overdraft. I also mentioned UTCC regs. The woman I spoke to seemed pretty cluesless!

Fast forward 2 months and they have charged me the new interest rate despite my meeting with them!!! I am obviously furious.

So...

1) Has anyone taken them to task on this? If so how did they get on?

2) Can I get my extertionate charges back from them considering I have already told them I didnt agree with their new rates and wished to stick to my old agreement?

Thanks in advance!

Yorky.

1) Many including myself. Any positive progress in my favour so far? None whatsoever. I get a weekly reminder that I'm overdrawn. I did receive several letters warning of a default, they then issued a default but didn't follow the correct regulations over the timeframe so technically an invalid default. However, it hasn't appeared on my credit record so I'm assumeing that they've either realised their mistake, or it was just an empty threat.

2) You never agreed to the new charges, so you don't owe them in the first place and anything they claim to the contrary is null and void. Any charges they have added that may appear on statements are also meaningless. No more than you could write to them and say your account is £600 in credit and that you want to close the account so please send me a cheque. I've told them about 5 times that I don't accept the changes before they started applying the new charges so it's not like they didn't receive any warning.

Hi Yeti,

Indeed, I have already closed the account in question but not before they demanded 2 months @ £30 to close it in 'charges'. I am following it up but I certainlywant my money back off them, I never agreed to the charging regime. I am also thinking of complaining to the FOS which even if it gets nowhere will cost HBOS for my complaint to be investigated!

Yorky.

Hi, i've noticed this also. it was on my last statement saying that arranged overdrafts were now subject to a £1 per day charge until back in credit. I have a bit of a history with this 'bank' over charges (which I believe are panalties) and was extramely dissapointed by the outcome of the test case. Anyway, I opened an account with another bank a couple of years ago and transfered all my banking activity there so I was just trying to reduce my overdraft with Halifax and then this hits me! I have already written to them saying that I could not sustain these charges each month and reduce the overdraft. I'm wondering if this is totally legit for them to do this on arranged overdrafts which are within their limits. I will ppost back when I get a reply.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

I’m currently being charged £5 per day for being over an arranged overdraft which I never arranged! £155 was charged to the account last month alone. They’re ringing me daily but I just cannot be bothered to communicate with these idiots anymore, I’d rather deal with the debt company. I’ve had 3 agreements setup which have all been done incorrectly by Halifax staff and I never agreed to the charges in the first place, although they say I did.

Muppets.