GRUMPYOLEMAN

Am I entitled to Interest Payments

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3667 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I have been having a look at the various postings on here, and found one very similar, but no answer was given. I do hope someone can help?

The OH and I have a small problem. We have a mortgage, albeit in her name only, and she is the only one shown on the deeds as owning the property.

I understood that if you had to borrow money to buy a home, you would get a benefit to pay the interest part. I have tried this with the Pension Credit people, but they have said that it wasn't???

The problem may be because my stepdaughter loaned my wife the money to buy the house as the bank were slow in sending out the offer. The seller said that there was someone else ready to buy if we didn't complete the purchase quick.

Anyhow, after a few weeks our solicitor got the money from the bank and after signing some forms, my wife paid off her daughter in full, with no interest being paid to her.

That was in 2002. Since then, up until this summer, we have made every payment to the bank.

They have said that the current mortgage was not used to buy our home as my wife already owned it when the mortgage came through.

Are they right in doing this? I have had Pension Credit Guarantee since April 2010 due to having to retire due to ill health.

Is there any thing that I can do to get this help, as we cannot now afford to pay it every month.

What would happen if we sold the house and bought another taking out the same amount on mortgage?