rhinoskiss

12 months contracts

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3276 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Are 12 monthe Telephone contracts legal in Scotland?

I have been told after 3 months I cannot be forced to stay on a 12 month contract in Scotland for Telephone,Broadband Mobile etc ?

Is this correct? Can I cancel after 4 months without a fee?

I'm not familiar with Scottish law but it sounds very unlikley to me

Yes you can have a 12 month contract in Scotland and yes there may be early termination charge if you cancel with any contract period.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Yup - I have one with Virgin. I hadn't realised until I followed moneysavingexpert's advice on calling up and asking to cancel the contract in the hope they offer you a better deal.

I did it and they said "OK, but you'll have to pay for the remaining 9 months of your contract to break it!"

Needless to say, I'm still with Virgin.

A debt collector for my sins; I hope any advice I can offer of the industry can help. It might help me sleep at night.