Arrow Global

phildux
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5003 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope somebody can help. After recently applying for a Loan to buy a new car I was advised to take a look at my credit report sort out the problems and re apply. I took advantage of the Credit Expert 30 free trail and found that there are 2 default notices on my credit file both for Arrow Global LLC, not massive amount one is for £150.63 and the other for £63.26 dated March 2005. As these were only small amounts I contacted Arrow Global LLC and trying my luck asked if they would accept an offer of £150.00 for both defaults but I was unsure what they are for, but I need to get them removed from my credit file ASAP and the easiest way to do that was to pay. They wrote back to me saying they were unable to accept the offer and required full payment on both.

As this had now got my backup I then sent them a prove it letter for both accounts which I found on the CAG brilliant website with 2 x £1.00 postal orders and sent recorded delivery.

On the 23rd July I got a reply from them saying

Dear Mr PD

DEBT OWED TO Arrow Global

OUTSTANDING BALANCE £150.63

ASSIGNED BY Orange

We thank you for your letter dated 16th July 2010 received 21st July 2010 and acknowledge your request for documentation pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The agreement with Orange was not regulated by the above statute, being a service agreement for provision of airtime and / or telephone handsets / equipment.

We are under no obligation to provide documentation which has previously been supplied. This is evidenced by the payments you made prior to allowing the account to fall into a default state. However, a statement of account has been requested from Orange and will be forwarded to you upon receipt.

We return the payment of £1.00

Yours sincerely

What do I do now just wait to see if the statements come, not sure I have ever had a Orange Mobile Phone never mind 2 off them, why have I never had any notification from them before I just need to get this sorted and off my credit file asap should i just pay them.

Regards

Phil

Hi,

From what you say, you sent a CCA request rather than the prove it letter.

Can you confirm either way.

They are correct in that a CCA request does not cover mobile phones/contracts

If the default is correct, it will fall off in March 2011 but if, as you say, you're not sure you had a contract with Orange, there is a chance they have got the wrong person.

The prove it letter will (hopefully) cast some light on the situation.

I would also write to the CRA disputing the default

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

attached is what i sent to them. think i might have messed this up somewhat. would the default still fall off in March 2011 even though i have made contact with them.

Edited by phildux

What you have done is admitted a debt that may or may not be yours. All this has done is to restart the Statute Barred clock. The default itself will fall off 6 years after it was placed.

You could attempt a retraction letter stating that after further investigation, you are now not sure this is your debt and you require them to prove this debt is actually yours. Whether this will work, I don't know.

Debt collection agencies don't care if they have the right person or not. They only care about the money

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

If there is, I haven't seen it but, there is a general prove it letter which you could adapt to your needs here:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Remember to send recorded delivery and don't sign anything

• 2 weeks later...

Hi sent my prove it letters to Arrow Global Recorded Delivery on Thursday 29th July 2010 and it was recieved by them Friday 30th July 2010. as yet i have still had a reply from them, is there a time limit that i should have a reply from them

Regards

Phil

I would give them 4 weeks to reply then follow it up with a complaint letter because they haven't responded to a legitimate question and if they fail t reply to that within 8 weeks, you can complain to Trading Standards