Captain Wesker

Is this a Legally binding Contract?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3663 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Righto,

I have an offer letter from the council after successfully bidding on a place.

We are due to move in on friday, and yesterday I got a call at 16:00 saying the offer had been withdrawn, as we "do not need the place".

Complete and utter B******S.

We are 3 adults living in a tiny 2 bed place, on the outskirts of town, and the main reason we need to move is that my mother has medical problems, and is finding it increasingly difficult to use the very poor public transport to getto work and back.

The offer letter states that it is a conditional offer based on one very specific circumstance, that they are satisfied we are leaving the old property, which we are.

Is this legally binding?

It is difficult to answer your question without seeing the papers. Apart from that, since you are dealing with a council you can question their decision making. Get on to your councillor.

Or give the Chief Executive or the Director of the department's office a call and demand answers. Most senior managers do not like getting calls like this and will demand answers.