Is this a Legally binding Contract?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Righto,

I have an offer letter from the council after successfully bidding on a place.

We are due to move in on friday, and yesterday I got a call at 16:00 saying the offer had been withdrawn, as we "do not need the place".

Complete and utter B******S.

We are 3 adults living in a tiny 2 bed place, on the outskirts of town, and the main reason we need to move is that my mother has medical problems, and is finding it increasingly difficult to use the very poor public transport to getto work and back.

The offer letter states that it is a conditional offer based on one very specific circumstance, that they are satisfied we are leaving the old property, which we are.

Is this legally binding?

It is difficult to answer your question without seeing the papers. Apart from that, since you are dealing with a council you can question their decision making. Get on to your councillor.

Or give the Chief Executive or the Director of the department's office a call and demand answers. Most senior managers do not like getting calls like this and will demand answers.