Claiming from welcome ****WON****

GazTough
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there sorry if I am going over old ground but I am new to the site and would really appreciate some advice. I finally finished paying welcome finance about a year and a half ago. The original loan was for approx £1000 I was advised to take PPI and other various insurance as it would help me get the loan (which I know now is a total lie). I refinanced the loan a few times and the insurance was added each time without telling me. During the period I had the loans I went through financial difficulties and received a lot of charges from welcome for missed payments, phone calls, letters etc. I eventually got things sorted and payed welcome in full ( I dread to think how much I payed them). I now want to try and claim back for the PPI and the charges that I incurred but have no idea where to start. I dont have any of my agreements at the moment so I assume i need to get that sorted first. Any help or advice anyone could give would be greatly aprreciated!!

I would suggest you firstly need to do a subject access request which will enable you to get copies of everything welcome have on you and ALL your accounts inc agreements, statements and computer notes to do this you will need to send this letter (link below) with a £10 postal order, dont sign it, print your name and send it recorded they have 40 days to provide you with the information.

Link to letter is HERE

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

So do I just give them my name and the address that i took the loan out at, or do you think it may be worthwhile ringing the local branch to see if I can get my account numbers.

Hi,

Don't see why not, as suggested before the account number should speed things up, but giving them your Name and address at the time you took out the loan should give them everything they need to satisfy your request.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 2 weeks later...

OK so I have received all of my information apart from my two most recent loan agreements (which i find strange), I have rang and they are going to look into it and send them to me. What I need to know now is whats next? What can I claim and how do I go about doing it?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

I have rang welcome finance and started a miss sold PPI complaint and have been advised I will be sent a questionaire in the next couple of days . Is there anything I need to know about these questionnaires and has anyone had any success after filling it in?

I have rang welcome finance and started a miss sold PPI complaint and have been advised I will be sent a questionaire in the next couple of days . Is there anything I need to know about these questionnaires and has anyone had any success after filling it in?

This is a tried and tested response to the questionnaire obviously amend to suit your complaint

1) Why do you now believe PPI policy is now not suitable for your needs.

Please refer to page one question one as not enough space to write here.

2) at the time you bought the ppi were you in paid employment.

Please refer to question one page one as not relevent to my complaint.

3) has the nature of your employment changed since you bought the ppi.

4) was your job secure, was their risk of losing your job.

5) when you bought the policy were you in good health.

6) how long would your income of lasted if you had lost your job.

7) how long would your income of have continued if you had been unable to work due to accident or sickness.

8 ) at the time you bought the police did you have anyone who was financially dependant on you.

9) at the time you bought the policy did you have any other policy that protected your income in event of sickness or accident.

10) any other comments to support your claim.

Please see page one question ten as not enough space to write here.

......................... ......................... ......................... .....

seperate letter.

Response to question one.

I was was not informed of the insurance policy and did not agree to the policy . I have subsequently discovered that all insurances should be optional; I was NEVER given any option to take the loan without the insurances and was never provided with a comparative quote for the loans without the insurance premiums attached. I also

Response to question ten.

Quite simply we were never given the option of taking out the loan with no insurances attached, the insurances themselves were not explained and therefore were not sold following an accurate analysis of whether or not we required said cover and therefore were missold.

Therefore questions 2-9 on your questionnaire are not applicable to be answered, there was no investigation at the time of the loans as to these circumstances and the suitability of the cover and looking back in hindsight on these would only cloud current matters.

Put simply it is irrelevant as to whether or not policies may have benefited me as the option to take these out was never presented to me and I believe was forced on me and would like this resolving immediately.

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Yup, just completed one.

Fill in the form but be vauge. The devil is in the detail. Use statements such as "you were led to believe the policy was needed in order to be approved for the loan" or " the insurance is not fit for purpose" Keep it light and to the point.

It took just short of the 8 weeks to be done and dusted. Not even as much as a phone call from them.

Check the breakdown of refund they will send you, make sure all the numbers are 100% correct before agreeing to the "rebook" as they call it.

Goodluck

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

• 1 month later...

fabulous news :) congratulations!

Its been nearly two years since I paid Welcome off and I made a claim for repayment of PPI last year to no avail. Today (25/10/2010) I was gob smacked when a letter arrived over turning their decision and making a substantial off and compensation for the refusal. I'm off to the post office to record my reply so as not to lose it in their internal web.

Still I would never go to them for a load ever again, just not worht the hassle.

Its been nearly two years since I paid Welcome off and I made a claim for repayment of PPI last year to no avail. Today (25/10/2010) I was gob smacked when a letter arrived over turning their decision and making a substantial offer and compensation for the refusal. I'm off to the post office to record my reply so as not to lose it in their internal web.

Still I would never go to them for a loan ever again, just not worth the hassle.

I took a loan out with Welcome in 2005 for £3000 - 2 years ago I quieried the PPI and got the response that it had been legally applied - I diagreed and after a couple of months stopped making payments in protest - a couple of weeks ago I received a letter saying that they now agreed that PPi had been misold and were compensating me - however,they ahve charged me intereset over the past tow years of non payment and surprise surprise the PPi payout just pays of the loan. Is this legal and fair or can I contest it?? I had paid back around £6,000 already and there sttments are a nightmare to understand? Surely I should not pay interest on the past 2 years non payment since I first

Dont give up keep on at them, get some advice legally though and make sure you stand firm. I know it can be frustrating but you have to keep up the fight.

It proves they are wrong when they do a u-turn all of a sudden. They will pay the interest back, they have to.

All this proves that they are acting illegally and mis-selling PPI. They are obviuosly on a commision to sell the product.

When I stood firm and refused to pay another penny they combined my loan and told me they had written off so much due to my protest, they sold me short fall (gap) insurance and when my car was stolen never told me the insurance had paid the amount out-standing and I ended up paying for something I didn't have, the whole point of the insurance. When I discovered 18 months later they tried to cover it up. Then they added PPI without telling me.

Sitting in their Liverpool office was like sitting in a police station being interrogated. I'll never forget that, they talked down to me and told me I was silly refusing to pay and it made sense to combine the loans. I know I probably repaid the outstanding amount in interest though, they are cowboys.

I would be glad to see the collapse of their company, not before they pay me back though.

PS Regarding last post I only noticed spelling mistakes after posting thats why its on twice.