Cancel broadband and line rental

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a broadband and home phone contract which i have had for about 5 months now. Myself and my boyfriend were paying for the services until a month ago when i broke up with my boyfriend and i am having to pay for the services my self. the contact is in my name on my council property, i am on benefits with 2 children.

Basically i am really struggling to pay for broadband and line, i am already in debt with them for £103 and i cant pay it i cant afford it at all. It is my fault i know and i am taking responsibility for the debt but as for the services i cant afford to keep them now, Is it possible for me to cancel the contract and just pay them what i owe?

Also how will this affect me in the future if i decide to get broadband with another providor?

Any help will be appreciated i am at the stage where i have no money what so ever to pay for the services and i have other debts which are being paid off.

Who is your broadband with?

As you have said you have other debts, Take a look at IMoneyManager

It will help you prioritise bills.

If you are locked into a minimum term (normally 18 months) and you cancel 5 months in, most companies will charge you the remaining 13 months (maybe a little less) but it's probably worth trying to keep the services. Especially with 2 kids, the internet helps them a lot with homework!

Many will mark payment history on your credit file, and it can make getting another service harder!

Good luck, keep us informed!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar