djgordyp

Clamped & towed within 24 hours

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3668 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My stepson is working in England at the moment. When I came home from work on tuesday his car had been clamped because the tax had run out.

When I came home on Wednesday, the car was gone. I never thought to read the notice on the windscreen. I don't know if it was clamped/towed by a private company or PSNI. I would have thought that the owner should be allowed more time than this to pay for the clamp to be removed.

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

Nope it is DVLANI's contractor that would have done it, it isn't a PSNI matter. Once clamped, this raises the fee the RK has to pay, and once again, when lifted, the charges are hiked yet again. I'm assuming he hadn't SORNED either, so there will still be this breach that will be pursued by the boys from Coleraine, irrespective of you proving you have an MoT and purchasing a replacement VED in order to reclaim the vehicle.

As you can see, you barely get time to beathe before the penalties ansd charges spiral out of control. Because the vehicle was fair game, the full process swung into action with all speed. There is no issue with the hope that a clamp provides some breathing space, it doesn't.

Thanks for that Buzby. TBH he's not that bothered about the car anyway. I was just checking to see if they had the right to lift the car so soon.

Like a lot of young fellas he sees a car he fancies and just goes and buys it without really checking it. He had nothing but bother with it from the day he bought it and it's not really worth fixing.

Luckily he's on a good wage and maybe this time he'll wait and buy a good car.

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

If he doesn't claim it, he may save this cost - but be wary of the SORN. He might find it a good idea to say it has been scrapped, they might not pursue him for the period of no VED (but there's no guarantee they won't!)