Jump to content

urgent help needed hsbc have sent me a ccj

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3707 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I really need help, I don't know what to do. The end of last year I had to change banks. I was over my overdraft limit and hsbc were declining council tax payments and other direct debits. I fell behind in my council tax and as I work in local government they went directly for an attachment of earnings and took £300 a month from me (this crippled me and my husband) and we had a very hard time just trying to keep a roof over our heads, fell behind with all our bills, and had rent arreas because of it.

During this time I opened up a new bank account with natwest, as my salary was being swallowed by my o/d, charges were increasing and bill payments were not being paid.


Now I've received a county court claim form Northampton, for the sum of £2446.79 (£400 of which is charges). I have serveral other debts and do owe around £20,000. My husband is unable to work (he doesn't receive any benefits) so my salary is all we have.


currently after paying all our essential bills, rent, healthcare, food and travel I don't have anything remaining at the end of the month. Although I don't have an overdraft anymore my bank balance is £0 long before payday comes back round.


So I'm now panicking about the court order, and what to do next. Im worried about what they will order me to pay, and that I won't be able to afford it.


If anyone could offer any help I would be very gratefull.


Many thanks , Jo.

Edited by ziggycatuk
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ziggy


Welcome to the CAG


I'm sure others will respond shortly, it's the weekend so be patient.

With regards to your other debts, if you have credit card debts, have you sent a CCA Request? Have you got any Penalty Charges you could claim back with interest, going back at least

6 years. Have you been mis-sold any PPI that you could claim back with interest. With a CCA Request you can find out if the agreement is enforceable , if it isn't you can put the account in dispute. All templates and spreadsheet can be found on this site.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Consumer Forums - Library


If you need to get hold of statements, you can send a SAR request, for each company you would have to send £10, but well worth it if you've got penalty charges.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please can anyone help me with advice, the court order was dated 21/07 so I'm running out of time to respond.


Ive done a full income and expenditure that clearly shows after basic shopping, bills, food and rent I have nothing remaining.


Do i need to get the court juristiction moved from Northampton? and will they take my income and expenditure into account?


They only asset I own is my car, and without this I will not be able to do my job. I really worried they may take it.


any advice. thanks , jo

Link to post
Share on other sites



I've bumped the thread to the site team, so someone should be along shortly.


Did you look into and send off the CCA requests as Rebel commented?




Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you completed the AOS ?


Have you sent a CPR 31.14 request ?


Have you done a search on the site for problems similar to your own ?


What is the claim for ? ( overdraft, credit card etc.. )


Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.


You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.


Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...