VODAFONE Mistaken Default Account - 2 weeks and nothing!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I'm at my wit's end trying to deal with Vodafone's customer service. If anyone could suggest anything else I can do, or anyone I can contact, I would be most grateful.

Basically, I requested a statutory credit check since I am going to apply for a mortgage soon. I was extremely dismayed and upset when I found out through my report that VF has put a default on my account on March 2010 without me knowing the cause. I was a VF customer for more than 9 years, but I ported my number over to O2 in October 2009 since they were offering a better deal for my needs. I cancelled my direct debit at the beginning of December 2009 and the last communication I had from VF was to say they were sorry to lose me as a customer. I went on my merry way and thought nothing of it until now.

I contacted their customer care through their website (Ref: #2965614) 2 weeks ago to ask them to explain the default, as I had not received any bills or notice. I received a reply 2 days later saying that I owed them £52 and that they were sending me a free itemised bill (so generous of them!). Thinking I at least have a named advisor to contact, I again stated my case that VF should remove the default on my account since it wasn't my fault they never contacted me about this alleged debt. I told them; the fact that for the 9+ years I'd been their customer, I had never missed a payment and also that I'm initiating contact with them to sort the issue out should show them that I would settle the bill if the charges were right. I had another reply, by a different person, stating that they had sent my bill to my old address and that if I paid the bill they will remove the default. I still have documentation to show that I notified VF of my address change 2 years ago but apparently, they were still sending me bills to my old address. Anyway, again they said I'll get my bill in 3-5 days but they ignored my request of the unfair default removal. So I sent a third email re-stating my case, again asking them to remove the default, as it was not my fault they sent things to my old address. I really had no idea they had put a default on the account, or even that I allegedly still owed them some money! If I did, I would have settled it straight away. I mean, what else do they want? They have my current address and contacts, I've been chasing them for the bill (never thought I'd say that!), I told them if the charges were mine I would pay straight away...is it too much to ask for them to reciprocate in goodwill? Surprise, surprise - I got a reply from yet another person saying the same thing - my bill is going to be there in 3 -5 days. And again, much to my frustration, they just refuse to acknowledge the default notice removal request!

It's now been 2 weeks and I am getting nowhere. I have had to put my house-buying on hold over some stupid mistake that VF made. My credit rating is otherwise good - maybe 2 late payments on my credit card over the course of 6 years, both when I went on a long holiday and forgot to arrange payment before I left. And now to have a default against my name for something I am not even aware of...I am so disappointed and upset that VF seems to be penalising me for moving to O2.

I know that I can just pay the £50 without waiting for the bill, but I don't have the highest confidence in VF's ability to do anything now. Regardless of the charges, they have put a default on my name without notifying me, and they are now just ignoring my repeated requests for removal of this unfair default. My husband is suggesting I write to Ofcom if I get nowhere, but this doesn't change the fact that we will fail to buy a house we like because of Vodafone. Can anyone help with any suggestion as to how to get this sorted out as quickly as possible? Thanks in advance - I really appreciate it.

LW

Edited by Lwid

Hi,

This sounds like another one for Lee. He is the Vodafone rep who frequents this site and has been invaluable for quite a few people here. Check his results so far:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-internet/259838-vodafone-complaints-vf-webteam.html

Also, have a read of this link which will give you the how-to on contacting Lee.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-internet/213340-vodafone-webteam-customers-problems.html

• Haha 1

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks, silverfox. That gives me a bit of hope. I am tempted to just pay the £50 but seeing their efficiency so far, I very much doubt that they'll remove the default even if I've paid. This has over taken my life for the past 2 weeks :Cry:

when Lee from Vodafone gets into work he should pick this up for you

• Haha 1

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

Just an update...thinking that I might be able to sort out something quicker, I decided to phone Vodafone Customer Service. BIG MISTAKE! I spent almost an hour with them being passed back and forth to different departments and I just ended up in tears of frustration. The customer service rep said, and this is a quote, "We are only allowed to take payments and send bills, ma'm. I don't know what a default note is." Then I was passed on to someone in the Credit Collection department, who is so condescending I had to keep my temper in check. She told me that they can't remove a default notice since I'm late in my payment. When I pointed out that VF kept sending bills to my old address, she loftily told me "It's YOUR responsibility to keep us updated of your change of addresses!" Duh! When I told her I actually have copies of the docs I sent to VF about my change of address, she grudgingly informed me that I have to contact their Quality Assurance Department. The catch? They don't have a phone number (!!), you can only write a letter to them. I'm guessing so that they can bury it under their mound of paperwork!

I am so frustrated and I truly hope that they Webteam is nicer and better-informed about these issues than the people in the call centre. I am seriously thinking about complaining to Otelo and Ofcom about the way my case has been handled so far!

Read some of their threads. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-internet/259838-vodafone-complaints-vf-webteam.html

If all customer services were like Lee, No-one would have to complain!

To speed things up I suggest you follow the advice in the 2nd link Silverfox posted

Hi CAGlink31.gif members,

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAGlink31.gif is with the very best of intentions.

Vodafone UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately and securely using the ‘Contact us’ form on the Vodafone website with your account details.

https://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/s...PARTITION_ID=1

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is – and state the code WRT135 within the body of your email to make sure it comes through to us.As soon as we’ve received your email we’ll endeavour to get back to you as quickly as possible.

Many thanks

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK.

CAG members contacting us, add the code WRT135 in the subject line in order ensure that email gets routed into our queue.

Update this thread with the automatic reply number and lee will be able to find your file and get started on fixing things for you.

Regarding a complaint to Otelo and OFCOM, you need to go through Vodafone's complaint procedure and the complaint be ongoing for 8 weeks or have a DEADLOCK letter from Vodafone before Otelo get involved, and OFCOM only get involved in things that effect lots of customers, not individual complaints. More info on that read this :-

Code of Practice - Vodafone

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thanks, Loc. The automatic email ref number is #314203. I'm going to try to have some sort of a weekend now and hopefully wait for the Webteam to perform some sort of a miracle :)

• Haha 1

I'd be very surprised if you didn't get a call or email from Lee on Monday :) Obviously he'll need to go through some Data protection with you, and he'll be able to see all issues effecting you, but I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a speedy resolution to this.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thanks, Loc. The automatic email ref number is #314203. I'm going to try to have some sort of a weekend now and hopefully wait for the Webteam to perform some sort of a miracle :)

Hi Lwid,

Although I'm not in the office during this coming week I thought I'd pop on here as I could see that you'd been struggling with this and can appreciate that you're looking to get the resolved as soon as possible.

To help ensure that we get back to you swiftly could you double check that reference number for me as it appears to be a digit short?

Once you've updated the thread I'll flag this with my colleagues back in the office so we can get this investigated and as soon as an update is available we'll get back to you.

Kind regards and I look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

ruddy part-timers

and he get paid to be on here:mad::p

dx

I don't know why that springs to mind :p

Have a good week off Lee. You know, if you got the Legend you could still get on CAG whilst out and about :p

Anyway, enough of the friendly banter... the real reason for posting it to assure the OP that Last time Lee went on holiday one of his colegues popped onto CAG so things should still get sorted fast.... and yeah, I hadn't noticed the reference numbers are normally 7 digits long However the 1st post does have a 7 digit reference number

Edited by locutus
spelling

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hiya!

Lee, thanks for your reply. Given my experience with VF's customer service people so far, I'm so surprised to find you're 'at work' whilst being on leave! I'm very grateful though as this issue with VF has prevented me and my husband from putting an offer on the house we like.

The original email I sent was #2965614 and then after I posted here, I tried contacting the Webteam and the reference is #3142031. Thanks again for looking into this on your leave, and I hope your colleagues are as dedicated and nice as you are! Have a good week off, I'm sure you'll be missed by a lot of desperate people like me :)

Another update: instead of the bill from Vodafone that I've been expecting, today I received a letter from a debt collection agency demanding payment immediately due to my breach of contract with them!!! I don't know what I'm being charged for, they're not sending me any bill, and they've sent the debt collectors after me! Even when I've been trying to resolve this for weeks!

What should I do? Any advice?

IMO, Give the Vodafone Webteam a couple of days to get to the bottom of this.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Since Lee is on leave until next week, do you know if there are others in the webteam around? The DCA is threatening legal action and since my husband is training to be a solicitor, we have to avoid this or it will cost him his career.

Yeah, there are others that cover when Lee is on vacation :)

Also, the DCA cannot try to enforce a debt that is in dispute with the original creditor. There are letters in the templates library (your husband may be interested to look at these... I find them interesting even as a layman!)

Don't panic, I'm sure resolution is not far away!

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thanks, Loc. It's just frustrating when i'm doing all i can to resolve an issue with them and instead of sending me the bill I requested, they passed my account over to a DCA. I hope one of the team picks this up soon - it's turning me into a wreck. :mad:

Hi DX,

I have a similar experience very recently with the Vodafone call centre. I've been trying to sort out a default they put on my account by mistake, and instead of being apologetic and helping me sort out the issue, they've been ignoring me, been very rude to me, or blaming me. I've sent them several emails as I want written record of our exchange.

Last weekend, fed up with waiting, I tried ringing but I was told the same as you - write to the Quality Assurance who doesn't have a phone number. I'm guessing this is so they can bury our letters in their pile and forget about it.

I've been told there's a VF rep here who is very helpful, but I think he's on leave at the moment.

Hi Lwid

its amazing how awful they are - i just cant believe this!!! something as important as a customers credit rating, and they dont even have a PHONE? its just AWFUL! and here i am worrying and worrying about it!

I first contacted Vodafone about this in MAY. and its taken until last week to even get the QA fax number out of them! for a while they kept trying to put me through to Agency Liason, tho then would pass me back to collections who would then pass me to CS, who would pass me to AL and so on and so forth. And a different story every time. Today, after i was told by AL that QA are an 'admin team' ( but she couldnt explain why an admin team didnt have phones ) and for that reason i couldnt call them... i called back CS and asked to be put through, but the CS adviser told me they are closed??! and even put me through to a recording saying ' welcome to vodafone, this dept is closed'

Now come on vodafone which is it???? and WHY WHY WHY do the 'admin team' not have phones? the admin team where i work are most certainly contactable, what makes VF so special???

Ive just sent off an email to the webteam, but it seems this Lee person is the only one who does anything so i guess itll be another week before i hear anything :(

Hiya!

Lee, thanks for your reply. Given my experience with VF's customer service people so far, I'm so surprised to find you're 'at work' whilst being on leave! I'm very grateful though as this issue with VF has prevented me and my husband from putting an offer on the house we like.

The original email I sent was #2965614 and then after I posted here, I tried contacting the Webteam and the reference is #3142031. Thanks again for looking into this on your leave, and I hope your colleagues are as dedicated and nice as you are! Have a good week off, I'm sure you'll be missed by a lot of desperate people like me :)

Hi Lwid,

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

I've now raised this with my colleagues and so you receive an acknowledgement confirming that your concerns are being investigated and as soon as there's further news you'll be contacted again.

I naturally can't confirm how long the investigation may take but rest assured that now you're in touch with us we'll do our best to get to the bottom of the this for you.

I don't know why that springs to mind :p

Have a good week off Lee. You know, if you got the Legend you could still get on CAG whilst out and about :p

Thanks locutus - I think accessing CAG from my mobile while out and about would be taking things a little too far - even for me :).

Ive just sent off an email to the webteam, but it seems this Lee person is the only one who does anything so i guess itll be another week before i hear anything :(

Hi dxangel,

I'll reply to your concerns in your own thread once I've had the opportunity to read through them.

See you over there shortly.

Thanks to all.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Just a quick update - Kirsty rang me (nicest person from Vodafone that I've spoken to...ever!) and she said she will do all she can to help. While this doesn't guarantee that Vodafone will delete the default on my account that was placed there by mistake, at least someone in VF is aware of my issues and keeping track of it. A small glimmer of hope that we'll be able to buy our first house in the near future instead of waiting for 6 years!

Thats good. :)

Have a happy and prosperous 2013 by avoiiding Payday loans. If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Advice offered by Martin3030 is not supported by any legal training or qualification.Members are advised to use the services of fully insured legal professionals when needed.

Quick update: Kirsty has emailed me to say that the QA department is going to take the default notice off once my payment's reached them, "as a gesture of goodwill"! I would have appreciated this so-called goodwill if the default wasn't placed on my account because of VF's failure to send my bills to the right address!

Despite not having received any bills yet, I've paid this through the DCA they sent after me on Monday. However, receipt of payment apparently isn't good enough for the QA dept to take off my default. As a result of this, our house sale has fallen through and we now have to start all over again!

Kirsty has been great in helping push my case through and I have really appreciated her help, but the QA department is atrociously rigid.

Kirsty, I still haven't received any of the bills sent, and I'm waiting for an update from you.