BARFLY

Who Is The Original Creditor?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3663 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I Am Having A Dispute With A Dca Concerning Who Is The Original Creditor For An Account. I Had An Account With Goldfish That Went Into Dispute After A Section 78 Request. This Account Was Later Purchased By Barclaycard Who I Notified Of The Dispute. They Have Placed It In The Hands Of A Dca Who State That There Is No History Of A Dispute On The Account, That Barclaycard Have Confirmed This After Looking Into It. I Have Told Them That I Have All The Paperwork But They Have Responded By Stating That As Bc Purchased The Account From Goldfish That Bc Are Now The Original Creditor And Any Dispute Prior To That Was No Longer Valid?!!!! Surely This Is Not The Case? Bc Cannot Now Be Regarded As The Oc?

did you sign anything with Barclay card? I presume not.

Did you ever get the CCA after the request ? from Goldfish.

just because goldfish was bought out by barclaycard it does not make barclaycard the OC.

i'm sure others more versed in the ins and outs of buy outs where credit companies are concerned will be able to advise you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

never signed a thing with bc. the account was already well in dispute when sold. never got the cca hence the account in dispute. have it all in writing and recorded delivery but the dca seems to think that if they keep saying there is no record of correspondence then there is none! they have asked that i send them all the copies of the correspondence but i declined saying that a responsible financial institution should have their own records and that i'll provide the correspondence when it goes to court

cca78 barclaycard, see what they come up with.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i take it you have a old msdw account

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

who was the dca it wasnt moorcrofts was itmthey normally take your pound and knock it off the account..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

i take it you have a old msdw account

My thought is the same, patrick!

I Am Having A Dispute With A Dca Concerning Who Is The Original Creditor For An Account. I Had An Account With Goldfish That Went Into Dispute After A Section 78 Request. This Account Was Later Purchased By Barclaycard Who I Notified Of The Dispute. They Have Placed It In The Hands Of A Dca Who State That There Is No History Of A Dispute On The Account, That Barclaycard Have Confirmed This After Looking Into It. I Have Told Them That I Have All The Paperwork But They Have Responded By Stating That As Bc Purchased The Account From Goldfish That Bc Are Now The Original Creditor And Any Dispute Prior To That Was No Longer Valid?!!!! Surely This Is Not The Case? Bc Cannot Now Be Regarded As The Oc?

What was the year, when you made the application for credit?

dear sirs

if barclaycard bought or acquired this debt from Goldfish then, contrary to your assertions- they bought or acquired it lock stock and barrel (warts and all)

Barclaycard have been informed of the dispute and no further correspondence will be entered into in respect of your frankly outrageous attempt to brush off a genuine dispute on the account

y f

Thanks. That's about the gist of it. After three years of inviting them (the orginal creditor and subsequent DCAs) to take me to court do they really think I'm going to accept that response? I've told them I have everything recorded delivery and that I have all the correspondence in reply to that from the OC! Imbeciles. No dispute exists. Really? Take me to court, then.