BankFodder BankFodder

ripper

Abbey & Moorcroft

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3462 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have a Abbey Bank Account that is fairly new. (last 2 years i suppose).

Anyway, i had the card registered on ITunes and they debited the card for 79p. My balance went over by 49p and i got charged. I have no overdraft agreement and they charged me £26. I argued with them and got nowhere and told them i wont be using the bank anymore.

I have been receiving letters from them and ignoring them. It has now been transferred to Moorcroft and they are saying i owe £166.97. I have logged into online backing and my account is overdrawn by £166.97.

What is my next move???

I am adiment that i am not paying them all that money as it's just all bloody bank charges!!!!

Hi Ripper,

Do you have statements to show how the o/d balance rose to £167.

If it is all charges associated with the 49p o/draft, did you write to them to query the level of charges being disproportionate to the overdraft amount.

Have you written to Moorcroft to query or complain. If you just ignore them, the problem may get worse and not just go away.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Slick,

Yes i have all the statements relating to the amount and they all relate to charges. I have had several phone conversations and letters to Abbey but they just dont back down.

I havn't replied to Moorcroft yet but i shall do that straight away. My guess is that they wont give a damn and carry on.

I have claimed (successfully) charges back from Halifax and Natwest before so i know the process. Do you advise me to start the process and send the letter to Moorcroft to show intention that i am going to fight this???

Thanks

Steve

Hi Ripper,

If you are in financial hardship, you may have a chance of reclaiming the charges.

If not, you can can only reclaim them if you can show that the bank has treated you unfairly or mishandled your a/c in some way.

Since the OFT test case found in favour of the banks last year, you can no longer claim bank charges back.

Credit card charges CAN still be reclaimed in full, although this won't help you here.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Slick,

Since i hav't got a pot to p*ss in i would say i fal into the finanicial harship case.

What would you say was my next move???

Steve

Hi Ripper,

Start off looking here - http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/117-letter-for-an-application-for-consideration-for-hardship

If you want to reclaim bank charges going back a while, you may improve your chances of success if you can show that you were in hardship at any given point in the past.

Remember, you can't reclaim past charges because you're in hardship now, nor can you reclaim present charges because you were in hardship previously.