HSBC not accepting offer of payment

kazzy_28
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone! newbie on board, have been reading through cag for a while now, hopefully i am posting this in the correct place,if not would appreciate it if someone could move it to the correct place.

Anyway, due to my husband being self-employed and not getting much work, we have contacted ALL of our creditors and explained that we will not be able to keep up with the contractual payments on our debts, have sent budget sheets to all this includes the HSBC ( my loan,husbands loan,and now overdrawn on our joint account as they keep taking husbands loan payments by standing order and putting us further into debt!!) received one of them back from the hsbc stating that i had sent it to the wrong address.

i have e-mailed the HSBC through internet banking and asked them for the correct address, and i am still waiting, i have been in branch and asked their advice, but was advised to contact the C.A.B and given a telephone number for the HSBC money management dept.

i have faxed them through a copy of our budget sheet of what myself and my husband can realistically afford all they keep asking for then after two weeks of waiting for a reply, is proof of our income, they want bank statements from our new bank, ( we have moved our account and do not want to send them this info)they want our new landline number(won't give it to them as changed it as we knew they would harrass us) and basically we are no further forward now than when i first started informing them of our financial problems.

i do not want to speak to them by telephone as we get absolutely nowhere, plus i do have a mental illness which causes me problems communicating by phone, so i won't do it.

Basically, in a long winded way(sorry to all about the length of this) i am asking for the correct address to send out a budget sheet to the HSBC and hopefully then myself and my hubby might be able to arrange a payment plan with them, although i am not holding my breath. we are paying what we can afford into our joint account, but as i said earlier they are still taking hubby's loan payment due to a standing order that they set up and we cannot cancel it online, have to speak to someone by phone to get it cancelled.

Any advice would be very gratefully appreciated as we are just banging our heads against a brickwall at the moment.

thank you in advance :p:p kazzy_28

Hiya kazzy and welcome to the HSBC forum :)

HSBC are a large multi national banking corporation.... they have an internal postal system... if they cant read a letter and send it to the right department is says more about the caliber of their staff than about the address you sent your letter to :rolleyes: if you sent it to your branch that should be enough.

Ignore what they say and you are right to refuse to give them details of new bank accounts and phone numbers, it has nothing to do with them.

sent them a letter telling them what you are going to do and how much you will pay them and do it... this will give them 3 problems...

the first being you are attempting to pay your debt so any application to a court will look stupid because you are paying your debt and the judge will see this.

the second being the balance of your debt will be changing monthly so any figure they write on a court form will be wrong :)

finaly to do anything to you they will need the backing of the court which they wont get if you have tried to sort out the problem and continue with payments:)

hope that helps

pete

Hi castlebest and thank you very much for your reply, appreciate it :D.

You have confirmed to me what i thought was right all along, especially after reading alot of the threads on cag.

Both myself and my husband have not ignored the fact that we are in financial difficulty and the first place we visited and informed was the HSBC as we wanted to address the situation sooner , rather than later.

Unfortunately we have been passed from pillar to post, one department to another then another and got absolutely nowhere.

I therefore took it upon myself to do a budget sheet and send it to the HSBC after being given an address from within a local branch, imagine my surprise when this letter was returned with a big stamp on it (stamp just says CCT)and saying that they couldn't locate this account and so i have sent it to the wrong address!!

A few more weeks have passed since then and i am constantly trying to negotiate a payment plan but oh no still cannot get in touch with the right department, i am with you on this one, surely one department can pass on any paperwork received to it's relevant department!, in this case apparently not and my husband has spoken to various HSBC people on the telephone and not received any information that could point us in the right direction!!

The HSBC money management team( whom i thought would point us in the right direction) are now unable to help us as my loan account is in arrears and i have to get this up to date in order for that dept to come to some agreement, we cannot afford to bring this up to date and they have been told so from day one of our problems, we have worked out our budget and payments to creditors on a pro-rata basis and informed the money management team what we are willing to pay, but they are not interested, so i think i will now follow your advice and send the HSBC another letter and budget sheet and hand it into my local branch, keep paying what we can realistically afford and see what develops from here on in, i am totally expecting to keep getting letters and default notices, and also expecting all of this to be sent to their in house debt collection agency, but i'll deal with that when it happens.

once again thank you for your reply and this forum is totally brilliant, it is good to be informed and armed with your rights and the advice on this forum is excellent.

will keep everyone informed of what happens.

kazzy_28:D:D:D