personal guarantor advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5022 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, first time user - so thank you in advance to all those who offer me help. I am a director of a company that has ceased trading due to lack of business. I have no income. I jointly own a mortgaged property with my wife.

I am a personal guarantor for a company debt of approx £8k and am being taken to court.

What should I expect? What is the best course of action? How will a CCJ effect my life?

Thanks again.:)

What should I expect? What is the best course of action? How will a CCJ effect my life?

The CCJ will really only affect your ability to get credit in the future. What you need to ensure is that they don't try for a charging order. If you admit you are unable to make any payments, they may go for a CCJ & then a charging order to further secure the debt.

Can you give a bit more info. Was it a loan or overdraft gurantee?

Do you have a copy of the agreement? Does the gurantee/agreement have a post judgment interest clause.

Debs

:)thanks,

the company to which the debt is owed to acted as a payment company for some self employed contractors in my employ. I personally guranteed that I would cover this debt to them.

You should request a copy of the guarantee you personally signed, to clarify exactly what you are liable for & what action they can take to enforce the debt.

Remember, to enforce any action in court they must follow the correct procedures & they must produce the guarantee.

Debs