Vauxhall Customer Service - Saying Hello to CAG!

Guest VX_Max Vauxhall Company Rep
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That just takes away what we're trying to do which is offer customer service in a brand new way.

Max

Social Media Agent, Vauxhall UK

Like the lifetime warranty currently on offer to the general public eh??? But of course it only applies to the 1st owner and 100,000 miles. You're just trying to re-package something that already exists but reinforce the requirements of a full Vauxhall service history. It's a pathetic attempt to hoodwink the public. Can you confirm in addition to paulco62 request for answers that the gearbox he refers to is actually carry over to the new models with this new fantastic warranty as if it is, Vauxhall I would suggest have just shot themselves in the foot!!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Heliosuk, you guys are giving vauxhall some ragging here, and in some cases, quite rightly so.

At least Vauxhall representatives are conducting some sort of dialogue with the aggrieved customer which is a damned site more than I get from Citrroën UK. In fact, today I received a final Foxtrot Oscar letter from them---so much for new MD Linda Jackson.:mad2:

Seems like these Customer Service Centre's need to rewrite and then adhere to new "Mission Statements" most especially Toyota GB who have an opportunity to start again at grassroots level.

The clue being in the Title " CUSTOMER and SERVICE it seems at present the only thing they can get right is that they work in some or other CENTRE.

I'd like to give credit and praise where it due so would like to thank Casey Austin at Toyota (GB) PLC. Tracey was the 1st port of call when I first contacted Toyota following RRG Mr. Byrne's comment in a telephone conversation, "well you can try contacting Toyota GB, but they will only put you back to me!"

Alas this did turn out to be true, following the 2nd port of contact with Danielle Lashmar, who accused me of lying and then when I said I object to that but at least it's now on record and as such I would like a transcript of this telephone call because all calls are supposed to be recorded. Danielle then said that although yes that was the case she actually hadn't logged on that morning as she hadn't had time because of having to fill in her diary? It was approximately 11.15am! I asked her to get her Manager to contact me later that day, he never did so.

Casey by complete contrast was exactly what you would expect of an employee, employed by Toyota, she was attentive, courteous, never stopped typing for the full 40 minutes or so and gave the impression that the matter would be addressed professionally. Unfortunately Casey seems to be one of the few professional at Toyota, though at least she can honestly say she earns her salary. Casey I only hope you are getting paid enough well done and thank you.

The very same can be said of Ass. Sales Manager at RRG Mr. P. Wright who although unable to make any decisions gave us a glimmer of hope for a few days at least. But then Mr. Byrne came back from his long week-end off caravanning and began his Rock Of Gibraltar, style of Management.

Is anyone on here noticing that, you complain, which is your right. The problem gets repaired because there was one, after all but you are not supposed to complain about it. You as the customer behave accordingly and are truthful and honest at all times, and yet as if it really is some line of defense they then start to call you a liar ! When finally there is an opportunity to say ha, ha caught you, you've recorded your own selves lying, the tape just happens not to have been switched on because 'they were too busy' Pops up alot that doesn't it ? Being too busy to do the job that you're actually being paid to do.

Is it fair for them to accuse us of being idiots as well as liars. Thinking Toyota? Think Again!

Casey Austin, Toyota GB and Peter Wright, RRG Bolton your own standards and moral codes are the correct ones for both business and life in general, please don't slip down to the lower standards of those either least competant, or competant but dishonest.

Hello Again Paul & all caggers!

I really want to address some key issues raised here in the most recent posts so if I do miss anything, please just post again and we will discuss.

Ok, Service history, we recommend servicing requirements and the service booklet advises 'we recommend that you use Vauxhall original parts and accessories and ensure that they are fitted correctly by a Vauxhall Authorised Repairer'.

Servicing maybe carried out independently for several reasons; cost, convenience or loyalty to the independent garage and this is not to question their integrity or workmanship.

Within the new vehicle warranty if the services are not performed on time or not in accordance with Vauxhall specifications, repair will be excluded unless proof has been provided that the damage is not caused by the omitted or delayed service.

Addressing your 2nd concern Paul, we are in no way questioning the validity of your service history.

Once the vehicle is out of warranty, a decision of good will is based on a number of factors, one of which is service history. Any initial inspection fees are at the expense of the customer and for this reason; as you will be incurring costs, we will advise that we cannot guarantee a financial contribution and the lack of a full Vauxhall Service History may influence this. We are always willing to review a gesture of goodwill, but we also have a responsibility to you as a customer, to manage your expectations.

It was advised on the first telephone call that we couldn't contribute as the part was with an independent garage and we had not had the chance to inspect the vehicle. We then received your letter Paul which outlined that you were unable to discuss with the rep in detail the reasoning behind our decision as you were at work, and would like a follow up letter to discuss.

Firstly, I want to apologise for any misunderstanding caused Paul; having a full Vauxhall Service History would not necessarily mean we will offer a gesture of goodwill as every case is taken on an individual basis and reviewed on its own merits.

Thank you for your positive comments scaniaman. Of course I completely understand that we are not simply here just to interact with you and that the most important part of our role is to act upon your posts and to assist as many people as we possibly can.

Again, thanks for all of your posts; I know that when I joined the forum a lot of you had posted about previous manufactures that had endeavored to go online, and disappeared after some negative feedback, this is not the case with us. I really enjoy reading your posts everyday and I hope that more and more of you contact us in the future.

Thanks

Max

Max

I disagree with your reply to the letter. Particularly on Question 2 , it was stated by the rep that BECAUSE i have had the car service at a independent garage that no contribution or goodwill gesture would be forecoming. After that statement , I then questioned the fact that I had used UNIpart garages as well as Vauxhall and was told that this did not apply. Why is this point not being answer? It seems that the use of independent service agent is good on paper but when there is a problem, it does not apply.

The clarify this issue , I would like a full transcript of my conversation with the rep as this is dragging on.

Also, what of questions 3,4, 5 and the excellent question from Heliosuk concerning the gearbox?

I will re iterate them again;

3: I was mot requested to take the car to a vauxhall dealer to have the car checked out. The decision not to offer any help was decide during the phone call by the rep based on the service history and before the rep was aware that it was still at the independent garage. Incidently this was a UNIPArt garage and they inspected the gearbox to determine the fault.

3: Only after I was told there would be no contribution, did I mention that the car was still at the garage. I said that I would be taking this further. I did not ask for or receive any follow up letter from Vauxhall until I sent my own. Why as this been incorrectly reported?

5: Based on the fact that the car is not yet 3yrs old, should a major component fail in this short time? Also the Gearbox is not part of the service schedule, so why should this be relevant?

As I have said previously, I would like a transcript of the telephone call to clarify the sequence of events.

I hope you canl answer the above queries ?

regards

Paulco62

Heliosuk

Thanks for the replies. Some really good advice. Much appreciated.

Just had it confirmed by Vauxhall that the gearbox (M32) is used in the newer vauxhall.

Any suggestions on how i can put this argument to use??

Thanks

Paulco62

It's very easy paulco but have yet to see it used on this forum. Simply put a formal request to Max under the freedom of information act for the full DFMEA and DVP documents for the M32 gearbox. Within these documents will lie the actual box performance and durability specifications references and then ask for those documents. Expect a big no no as is"commercially sensitive information" which is "bigger than the the dangly bits on show at the NEC this week"!!! It's something I've suggested the people posting about the spring issue ought to do.

Essentially these documents ensure that GM have looked at all reasonable possibilities of failure and the effect on the car should there be a failure. Then the DVP will prove that they have tested these. If the DVP shows a pass then the gearbox is essentially certified. Now these documents to those who can interpret them will show that the gearbox has a service life of X miles under the worst possible conditions. In the case of the springs, it will show that in the event of a failure, the spring cannot possibly make contact with the tyre and cause a puncture.

In previous posts I have pointed this out and suggested Max actually talks to his engineering team...........but somehow this seems to be overlooked and he will and does skirt around the issue.

What is very sad i believe at the moment, is that we get post after post about failures which in this day and age should never happen and should never have happened. I raised this question with a senior manager of a manufacturing company only 3 weeks ago who told me that in reality, and that I should know this, it's P*** P*** design to which I responded no, the design is usually good but we don't get time to fully prove out and are constantly having to take cost out of it which has a knock on effect.

I feel sorry for Max as I don't think he understands the issues behind it all and is essentially a good front man for a bankrupt company. He could though be very good by getting an official engineering answer to the spring issue and holding his hands up on behalf of the company that in your case they fitted (what I understand is generally a very strong gearbox) a sub standard one.

Max is going nowhere on this one unless he gets GM to "wake up".

Having just read the questions and answers on the site. I would like to say this is typical Customer Service. Truth is vauxhall's are not interested in any after sales problems. and will use any excuses to fob the customer off. this site is just another way for customers to have a moan and waste time. Until eventually they give up. Better to complain to a watchdog site. More chance of getting something done.

Max

I would like to formally request under the freedom of information act for the full DFMEA and DVP documents for the M32 gearbox. Within these documents will lie the actual box performance and durability specifications references and I require this information for the following reason and to assist in the ongoing claim against Vauxhall .

"Essentially these documents ensure that GM have looked at all reasonable possibilities of failure and the effect on the car should there be a failure. Then the DVP will prove that they have tested these. If the DVP shows a pass then the gearbox is essentially certified. Now these documents to those who can interpret them will show that the gearbox has a service life of X miles under the worst possible conditions". (Thanks to Heliosuk for this )

Also Max , thanks for the reply concerning the request for the transcript of my recent telephone conversation. I look forward to receiving it. Any Idea on the timescale?

Thanks again to everyone who as replied to this post. It as provided some very valuable insights and as been a good starting point. As suggested by other "caggers", I will be contacting other forums , Watchdog and Motoring magazines (basically any one who will listen!) about this case and have also receive some very good advice from the Warrington trading standards which I will be pursuing.

Regards to all

Paulco62

You need to get these documents but expect a fight paulco. The problem they now have is that should they decide it is freely available, what happens if it gets out into the public domain? If there are no issues, which there shouldn't be, then it reinforces your case. If there are issues identified then there should be a reason why it was deemed a pass. Usually this is based on engineering judgement which in itself carries a risk. If it is a risk then commercial calculations would normally have been made to allow and increased warranty allowance for transmission faults on these boxes.

The next thing is that if the gearbox is bought in, for example from ZF or Gertrag or Antanov for example, they (GM) will insist on a warranty which will exceed that of the one that the end user has. So for example, GM warrant the box for 60K miles, the suppliers contract with the manufactuer will warrant 100K miles.

So you can see from above that far from being "goodwill" on the part of Max and GM, it doesn't actually cost them anything.

Max, as said before is a good front man, and I enjoy his replies, but I fear knows nothing about how the industry works. Better still it would be great if he was given the opportunity to go and see what went on behind the scenes in a product development environment.

Hi Paul

The request for a copy of the case notes has been put through and you should receive a form within the week. The DFMEA & DVP are not forms of information that we provide and are used for internal purposes only.

Thanks

Max

Hi Paul

The request for a copy of the case notes has been put through and you should receive a form within the week. The DFMEA & DVP are not forms of information that we provide and are used for internal purposes only.

Thanks

Max

So Paulco, you have to fill in a form to request your case notes which will no doubt include a clause not to make public.

With regards the DFMEA and DVP docs it's obviously set alarm bells ringing however these are not necessarily documents for internal use only. I'm pretty sure they are legal requirements and most certainly form part of the quality standards GM Europe subscribe to.

The reality is I would alledge, is that within these documents there is a known problem which has been signed off as low risk but recognised as a problem or that there is nothing wrong and the box is good for the DFMEA and DVP.

In either case Vauxhall have to declare it at some point so they might as well do it now. If it shows an issue then you have a case, if it doesn't, then you have a case.

You might like to post for advice on one of the legal forums in CAG with regards forcing them to release the information as the answer to getting them to do this will lie there.

For what it costs Max's team to respond, GM would be better off settling out of the "goodwill" budget but then this does not get around the failures experienced with the failed Vectra springs.

Believe me, I'd just love to get hold of a copy of that DFMEA.............and I will one day!!!!!

Hi Max

I will try to outline the problem as briefly as possible but if you want any further details please send me a Private message

I am looking for your Help, I have a 1.4 SXI Vauxhall Corsa 07 plate, with a full service history. When the car was just 3 months out of warranty the car overheated. After getting the car towed back home and was advised was probably the head gasket that was blow.n I contacted my local Vauxhall dealer and explained the situation to them they agreed with the symptoms I was able to describe that It was probably the Head gasket that had blown, when I explained that the car was only 3 months out of warranty they stated that the repair would not be covered by warranty but would contact Vauxhall to ask if they would make a contribution towards the repair cost. I eagerly awaited the telephone call only to be dismayed when eventually it came as Vauxhall had refused point blank to make any sort of contribution. To say i was angry is an understatement but because I rely on my car for work I did not argue.

As i needed the car back on the road as quick as possible and the dealer saying they could not start any repair for at least another 2 weeks I was then forced to take my car to another local garage (I would add the owner of the garage used to be a service manager at the dealers I had been speaking to) they agreed that I could take the car in which they kindly arranged for someone to tow, eventually when they looked at the car it was found that the Cylinder head had blown, subsequently The head was sent to be Skimmed and the car was duly returned and repair bill paid.

You can imagine my total anger when not 2 weeks later the same thing occurred, I took the car straight back to the same garage, car was repaired again this time at no extra cost and returned once again.

I had the car back 1 week this time and to my utter disgust the same problem has occurred yet AGAIN ... the car has been returned to the garage yet again and they are at a loss at to what the problem is. They have indicated that it is the engine itself that is the problem but I find this hard to accept as the car has only done just over 48k miles since new, it was last serviced in November 2009 and from the 30/11/09 until the 01/03/10 the car was actually not used as I was working away and the car was left at home as I was supplied with a car by my employer.

The warranty after all is 3 years or 60k mile whichever comes first, this would appear to me to say that Vauxhall would expect the engines to last for a minimum of 60k miles. Would you not agree with this.

Sorry if this does not make much sense to you but i know little to nothing about under the workings of under the bonnet of a car but please feel free to message me if there is anything that is not clear

I await any reply In hope

Max

Still not receive case notes as promised? Can you chase up? Also, I am pursuing this case with a number of bodies, to assist could you provide the information by PM :-

1: Your full name and official position within the company?

2: Contact details

This will help in verifying the details of the case and timescales involved.

If a PM is not possible, please confirm in writing to the address registered at Vauxhall.

Regards

Paulco62

Hi Paul

The form was sent in the post 15/09

Max - Customer Care Social Media Agent Vauxhall UK Thanks

Griffin House, Osbourne Road • Luton, Bedfordshire • LU1 3YT

Thanks

Hi Max,

I have had a Vauxhall Vectra for 10 months (2 years old), it has had 3 fly wheels, and countless other parts, its now about to leave warrantly, the vauxhall garage are perplexed as to why there are so many things wrong, since ive had it, its been in the vauxhall garage for over 40 days, thats over 1 month for the 10 months I have had the car. Now, surprise, surprise the fly wheel has broke again, and there are more problems.

I have had some advise from the citizens advice bureaux, as the car is on finance, I just cant not afford to keep up with the repairs at a rough rate of one per month, in excess of £1,000 a time. They have advise small claims court as the problems existed from the outset, and there never fully resolved. I feel like Vauxhall have just fobbed me off, time and time again. At one point it had two new fly wheel in just 3 weeks apart. Thats not normal on a 2 yr old car with just 50k on the clock by any standard.

Before this car, I have has a Vauxhall Astra, and Vauxhall Vectra, no trouble from either, this one just seems like it was thrown together, and now I am being left with a car which doesnt work, and Vauxhall are not interested in fixing the problem seriously. Thats aside from the time and trouble back and forth to the garage.

I have been totally let down by Vauxhall. It seems everytime it goes to the garage it comes back with the same, or more problems. The customer service has been shocking. Even the machanics at that garage are saying they havent known anything like this, yet Vauxhall Customer Services are fobbing me off because its got 62k on the clock, (out of warranty at 60k) even though its been going back in with the same problem since 51k. Im totally at my wits end, im seriously out of pocket, have a 2yr old car that isnt safe to drive, and to make it even worse, if it could after 40+ days in the garage over 10 months, its just come back today with new problems found by your mechanics, and they have broken my front headlights doing what ever they have done to fix my 4th fly wheel!!!

I am disgusted at the way I have been treated, especially as I have alwas been a fan of Vauxhall cars, it seems though I have been wrong, its really got me down - It seems you just arent good at dealing with car faults, your warrantly in my eyes has been worthless.

Thats why tonight I am drafting a complaint letter to Vauxhall and sending it registered post because I am getting no where by telephone.

By the look of this forum I am not the only person you are trying to sweep under the carpet.

Very dissapointed, I hope you can offer some sort of help or assurance

Marc :sad:

Hi Max,

I have had a Vauxhall Vectra for 10 months (2 years old), it has had 3 fly wheels, and countless other parts, its now about to leave warrantly, the vauxhall garage are perplexed as to why there are so many things wrong, since ive had it, its been in the vauxhall garage for over 40 days, thats over 1 month for the 10 months I have had the car. Now, surprise, surprise the fly wheel has broke again, and there are more problems.

I have had some advise from the citizens advice bureaux, as the car is on finance, I just cant not afford to keep up with the repairs at a rough rate of one per month, in excess of £1,000 a time. They have advise small claims court as the problems existed from the outset, and there never fully resolved. I feel like Vauxhall have just fobbed me off, time and time again. At one point it had two new fly wheel in just 3 weeks apart. Thats not normal on a 2 yr old car with just 50k on the clock by any standard.

Before this car, I have has a Vauxhall Astra, and Vauxhall Vectra, no trouble from either, this one just seems like it was thrown together, and now I am being left with a car which doesnt work, and Vauxhall are not interested in fixing the problem seriously. Thats aside from the time and trouble back and forth to the garage.

I have been totally let down by Vauxhall. It seems everytime it goes to the garage it comes back with the same, or more problems. The customer service has been shocking. Even the machanics at that garage are saying they havent known anything like this, yet Vauxhall Customer Services are fobbing me off because its got 62k on the clock, (out of warranty at 60k) even though its been going back in with the same problem since 51k. Im totally at my wits end, im seriously out of pocket, have a 2yr old car that isnt safe to drive, and to make it even worse, if it could after 40+ days in the garage over 10 months, its just come back today with new problems found by your mechanics, and they have broken my front headlights doing what ever they have done to fix my 4th fly wheel!!!

I am disgusted at the way I have been treated, especially as I have alwas been a fan of Vauxhall cars, it seems though I have been wrong, its really got me down - It seems you just arent good at dealing with car faults, your warrantly in my eyes has been worthless.

Thats why tonight I am drafting a complaint letter to Vauxhall and sending it registered post because I am getting no where by telephone.

By the look of this forum I am not the only person you are trying to sweep under the carpet.

Very dissapointed, I hope you can offer some sort of help or assurance

Marc :sad:

Good Luck in getting any reply.

I posted regards My Corsa and still awaiting reply :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:.

I must admit that this is the first time I have ever owned a Vauxhall and needless to say it will be the last. I have just put my brother off buying a Brand new Astra and will continue to keep doing this with anyone I know who is thinking of buying a Vauxhall. My only regret is that I talked my own daughter into buying a car the same as mine and sincerely hope that she will not have the same problems with her car as I have had with mine just after the warranty runs out .... thats if she keeps the car that long ... she is also seriously thinking of getting rid of hers now

Hi All!

Apologies all. I was out of the office the 2nd half of last week so I'm playing catch up today hence the late reply! :-) Could Amanda & Msadler please give me a few more details so we can look into this for you both:

- Vehicle REG/VIN

- Mileage

- Service History Details

- Vauxhall Dealerships you've been dealing with

- Contact Address & Contact Telephone number

Again apologies all, I am the only Social Media Agent for Vauxhall UK active on the forum so it can go quiet from time to time.

You can either PM those details or post them publicly, however your most comfortable.

Thanks

Max

Hi Max

I would provide you with the details but cannot send a PM yet because my post count has not yet reached 5 :???: and as you will appreciate I do not want to post the information Publicly do you have any suggestions how can send you the info privately?

I would also suggest that If you know you are going to be away for a while that VX strongly think about getting someone to do your job until you get back even if it is just a message to say you are away or you could have posted yourself.

There is nothing worse than posting something and not getting any reply

Amanda

Hey Amanda

I'll put my direct e-mail address although sometimes the moderators will remove it [email protected]

If it is removed, we are on Twitter @VauxhallCustSvc and all the Official Vauxhall Facebook pages.

Thanks

Max

Hi,

Please Please Please help me,

I have a 57 plate Corsa VXR it will be 3 years old in November and has only done 26,900 mile and I am the 2nd owner or rather my wife is.

This car was serviced by the previous owner at a garage in 2008 and again at a garage this year,

Having broken down last week it was delivered to a Vauxhall main agent by the AA and have been informed that the head gasket has failed.

I have been informed that this will not be covered under waranty???

Surely this is not normal for a vehicle under the 3 years old and more to the point only completed 26,900 miles.

I have had many telephone conversations with Vauxhall customer services and have not had 1 phone call in reply when they say they will, It would seem that their warranty is not worth the paper it is written on and dont give a stuff about the consumer.

Having said that it would seem that reading this site there are many in the same position as me.

Max please reply to me as I would like your input on this.

Mark...

Hi Mark

I have instructed the dealership to carry the repairs out under warranty. I will contact them further tommorrow for an update and make sure there are no forwarding issues with this.

Thanks

Max