OC writes off debt but then sells debt on? Alarm bells ringing!

HF whO?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have tried using the search function but I have not found anything covering this. If anybody knows of a particular thread that does cover this then please could you post up the link for me:cool:

I have recently been shown documentation that clearly shows that a debt has been WRITTEN OFF but then SOLD to a DEBT COLLECTOR TWO MONTHS LATER:confused:

Is this standard procedure? I thought that once a debt was written off then it was WRITTEN OFF:confused: :confused: :confused:

Many Thanks in advance:)

Edited by HF whO?

They always write them off in order to reclaim tax & balance their books of 'toxic' debts before they sell them on.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Just watch out on your credit files as if the OC originally placed a Default on there, sometimes the DCA etc that buys the debt will then place their own Default on , and it could be several months' later.

If this happens it is the original Default (first) that must remain and be updated by the DCA they cannot default twice for the same debt.

• Haha 1

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Thanks for your reply.

This account does not even come up on one of my credit searches:confused:

Also, I am not being chased by the company that have bought the debt

Regards

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

now sit and wait for some lowlife to get in touch, then start the good fight:)

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)