Jump to content
  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Can you ask your GP to get a second opinion on the NHS?  (I ought to know because I'm a retired NHS manager, but worked in mental health where x-rays didn't really feature very much(!).)   Your GP may be reluctant for various reasons but you've got nothing to lose by asking.  Might be difficult if there's only one consultant in that specialty locally.   If that is a non-starter, you could ask your GP for a private referral if any of the relevant specialists run private clinics.  Your son'll get seen quicker and an initial private consultation shouldn't cost more than about a couple of hundred quid.  Then take it from there.   (Emphasise to your GP what your real concerns are and why you have them - even if it's just "I looked it up on the internet and it looks like this which can lead to serious complications.  What do you think?  I'm really worried...")   EDIT:  Just looked on my local NHS Clinical Commissioning Group website and searched for "second opinion" but nothing comes up...  I thought you were entitled to one - you'll have to ask your GP.  Or look on your own CCG site.  Oh - despite being a NHS manager I have paid to see a consultant privately.  £150 well spent - if you can afford it... which I appreciate not everyone can.
    • dont think they are even allowed to offer settlement by instalments, they are not creditors.   read the letter carefully and understand what it doesn't actually say....like the word WILL anywhere.   they,  a DCA, can't recommend anything and their client most certainly wouldn't have disclosed anything to a powerless DCA about what their solicitors might or might not have said to them. and ofcourse a solicitor is in no position whatsoever to suggest to their client they get back to the DCA and tell the DCA to tell you their client will accept instalments!   the letter is a load of ole BS that is concocted by the dca without any input or knowledge of their client nor their clients solicitor...   dx      
    • The paediatric orthopaedic consultant at the fracture clinic told us today that he believes it is just a sprain behind the knee. I'm concerned my GP will say something along the lines of, 'you have seen a consultant, he says it will heal in 2 to 3 weeks, you don't know more than him!', or something like that. It's just that I believe I can clearly see a fracture. And as there was no fall or hard knock, only a very tightly streched knee bending at an angle behind, with a load. I figured that the temdon must have pulled some bone up. And thats the injury I found online. I totally take on board what you are saying. You are correct. I guess I'll see what my GP says tomorrow, hopefully she allows me to email the images, if she doesent have access to them already. Thanks again
    • With the global market for recycled cardboard worth billions of dollars, it is attracting criminals. View the full article
    • UK house prices are predicted to fall but a report spells out why property may remain out of reach. View the full article
  • Our picks

    • Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies

Crapquest pestering again on my Cap1 debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3671 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts



Have a debt with CrapOne, been paying every month without fail to them voluntarily as i do own the debt , for the past 2 years as i say without fail directly to Crapone via internet banking.


The debt is now down to a third of its original value , which is good. However during the last couple of years Crap'quest have occasionally raised their ugly heads and sent the odd letter....."our client demands full payment, or else court etc". "we are acting for our client etc etc".


Well they have written again under the old "HL Legall" guise. Again it is "you have ignored our previous requests for payment etc etc, will take you to court incurring costs. However if you pay this amount then it will be settled".


Is this the usual shot in the dark letter. Do they have a legal right to recover the money or am i ok as i have paid voluntarily regularly for 2 yrs or more(now the payment i make is higher than the minimum payment would have been on the account had it still been in use).


What letter do i send the numbheads to suggest that they are not the rightful owners of said debt.


It would be a shame for me to end up in county court now and incur costs as i have made the effort over some time to pay this off.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

They can take you to court to try to get increased payments. I does not matter that you have been making payments to them.


If the repayments are for what you can afford to repay, then write to tell this. You do not have to provide them with income and expenditure, even if they write back to ask for this.

We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is highly unlikely they will take this to court. If they did and you showed the judge that you had been making payments, the judge would rip them to pieces.


My advise. Carry on as normal and ignore the idiots.


Have you sent them a CCA request? If they don't want to play fair and then if they sent a dodgy agreement back, you could stop paying them altogether

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't paid crapquest anything as they do not own the debt or any right to it. I pay capone directly, the debt was well over £1200 but now is just over £400 due to me keeping up regular payments, not little token ones either but £30 month.


I find this all a little irritating as we have had a large number of debts which i have gradually chipped away at over the years and only have a couple of outstanding issues with a couple of creditors left to go now. Then this raises its head again even though they are getting good regular payments.


This is the second of these letters i have had , the last one was from last year. Thought they had seen the account was being paid and near the end so gave up.....how wrong was i?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites




They can take you to court to try to get increased payments. I does not matter that you have been making payments to them.


If the repayments are for what you can afford to repay, then write to tell this. You do not have to provide them with income and expenditure, even if they write back to ask for this.




i am not aware that capquest or anyone else can take anyone to court "to get increased payments" on a credit agreement-


The claimant can only apply to a court to re assess monthly payments on an existing ccj on which the debtor is making monthly payments!!


capquest may indeed be able to commence a court action in respect of the total amount of the outstanding debt- but your reply is, with respect, miselading


further- i would venture to suggest that a judge- being presented with the facts of this case and the regular payments which are reducing the debt- might well "spank the creditors bottom" - in the amount he orders the debtor to pay- even if the creditor were to obtain a ccj

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...