jonben

noted but not registered land charge

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3669 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi looking for some advice regarding consumer credit act and a document i signed called a sterling facility letter, and third party legal charge.

after signing these documents the lender sought possession of my home instead of re-mortgaging me as promised. the charge had the wrong address but contained the correct title number.

the court said that the lender was stuffed due to the error in the address, but then changed its mind and said the material question was if the charge was registered against the correct property, and the answer to that is simply yes, they have a right to possession.

now, the land registry has said that a noted charge is not enforcable until it is registered, and this charge was not registered, only noted on the land registry file. they also say there is doubt over what property may have the noted charge.can any one offer any pearls of wisdom that could help!

thanks