Egg card make a major error! ...Advice please

papadak

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I requested a DSIR from Egg for a family member a few weeks back and today I received a letter from them saying 'thank you for the dsir request on behalf of *** I am currently in the process of retrieving the relevant information, which will be sent to you by ***, subject to your payment clearing.

So that's fine .... However they have attached 6 other letters for varying people across the country to the back of mine saying exactly the same. I have their full address and in 3 cases who is acting on their behalf. Just how this happened i don't know. Any suggestions who to report this to?

Edited by papadak

This is not uncommon and there is lvery little mileage to be made from it.

However, as suggested by ftd, send each proper recipient their letter with a note explaining what has happened.

Before you do this, you could copy what you have been sent and make a complaint to the IC.

Don't send anything to Egg. They would prefer to hide it all away

This is not uncommon and there is lvery little mileage to be made from it.

However, as suggested by ftd, send each proper recipient their letter with a note explaining what has happened.

Before you do this, you could copy what you have been sent and make a complaint to the IC.

Don't send anything to Egg. They would prefer to hide it all away

Thanks, yes i'm sure Egg would 'file it' & that would be that. What will the ICO do? I would like to expose their incompetence perhaps report it to the media. It might well be an error but it's inexcusable imho

Edited by papadak