Sponsorship Money Issue?

ince
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm donig this on behalf of someone else.

They raised money for a charity doing a sponsored walk, which was organised by her organisation, but another part of it, they got the money and had spent the money raised and a few weeks after the event the organisor said that it had to go to another charity that they weren't told about. Can they do this?

I think that if you are told that money is being raised for X then you are entitled to a receipt from X to show that your money did actually go there.

To say it is for say cancer, which is close to everyone heart, and then give it to someone else could be classed as fraudulently obtained. You can write to the charities commission about it and make a complaint.

ok. I now know that the person didn't know anything about the other charity until they were told by the organiser.

IF they were forced to give the money to the charity, could anyone go to court?

I don't see how. Unless there was an explicit undertaking that the benificiary was a particular charity, the fact it went to another (charity) there won;t bew an issue. Think of it like these DirectDebit charity collectors, when you are signed up you are not told that the main benficiary is the person who is signing you up! (It is their 'fee' for collecting the money.