Apex Credit Management Asking me to call

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody,

I've just had a call on my mobile from an unrecognised mobile number. I didn't answer because I'm at work and am not really supposed to. They left a voicemail saying it's imperative that I call them back today before 5pm.

As far as I'm aware I have no outstanding debt that I'm not making monthly payments to.

Should I call them back? Advice would be much appreciated.

Edit: They've just sent me a text as well.

No, don't call them back....everything in writing.

Their 'imperative' or 'very urgent' etc are just a ruse to worry you in to talking to them, remember it's a debt and nothing about a credit card debt is worrying enough to be 'imperative' that you speak to a dca

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Definately do not ring them.

They are phishing, wait and see if you get anything in writing.

Come back to this thread if you receive any letters.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

When/if they do eventually write to you ...and they've established that you're the alleged debtor you can then send them a letter quoting the OFT guidelines re the contacting of an alleged debtor....and ask that they put everything in writing and that no calls are made to your mobile etc...

The OFT guidelines can be found here ....take your pick as to what section they're breaching by calling you at work and unsolicited etc...

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/527-oft-debt-collection-guidance

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.