Help/Advice with Barclays PLEASE

EOS-5D
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There,

Ive got a Barclaycard and the agreement looks to be enforceable. I agreed to pay them £10 a month seven months ago as a temporary arrangement for 6 months. I set up a standing order for the payment.

Since this arrangement has been in place, I havent received a statement from them. So, my question is, SHOULD THEY STILL SEND ME A STATEMENT EVERY MONTH, REGARDLESS OF THIS ARRANGEMENT?

Kind Regards

EOS-5D

CAG Toolbar downloaded :D

Hi EOS,

If you want the most recent statements, ask BC to supply them, because it sounds like the a/c is still running and it's not been terminated.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks for the reply Slick.

What I was trying to find out was do they have a legal obligation to send me a statement every month, regardless of the "temporary" arrangement?

The account hasn't been terminated btw.

Kind Regards

EOS-5D

I don't know the definitive answer but I think you have every right to a monthly statement, so you can keep track of what you've paid them and what you still owe.

This will enable you to see if they are still charging penalties and/or interest monthly.

:)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 1 month later...

Hi again folks,

I have now had contact from Barclaycard, A letter from Calders, asking for the entire balance that I owe.

As you will see from their letter, it says that as I havent complied with the default notice, they now demand a full settlement. ummm

I have a couple of issues here.

1) Back in Feb, they accepted a reduced payment of £10 a month for 6 months, which I paid by standing order and am still paying them every month.

2) As you can see from my previous post, I havent received any communication from Barclaycard since a statement back in March 2010, and that incudes a Default Notice. I just havent received anything.

So, does anyone have any ideas what I should put in my replies to both Barclaycard AND Calders.

As always, your help will be greatly received

Kind Regards

EOS-5D

Calders1.pdf

I'd write to BC and ask for recent statements which they haven't sent you, as previously mentioned.

Also, point out that you had an agreement to pay reduced monthly amounts and don't see why Calders are now demanding the full balance.

Ask BC if they or any of their DCAS's have issued a DN as you have not received one.

Drop Calders a line telling them the a/c is in dispute for various reasons and they should back off.

:-)