style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3501 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I quit the day after mothers day this year. I figured i'd have a good day attending the Wootton Bassett ride, Then i'd face the nicotine demons.

I'd already ordered my quit kit from nhsdirect so i had a toy to keep my fingers entertained, and the chart had been lovingly stuck to the fridge by my youngest child.

Now, im not the greatest fan of chemicals, (ironic i know being a smoker and shovelling in over 4000 chemicals every time i took a drag)

So i found a wonderful diary at brummieblogs.com It made me realise that quitting without gums, patches etc etc was possible.

If anyone else fancies a read its "diary of giving up smoking" on the above site.

I did what the brummie blogger did, (minus the book reading)

And here i am, 18 weeks later, still not smoking but only slightly better off financially as ive eaten the rest of the savings, and had to buy bigger waisted clothes :lol:

A late update but i fell off the wagon in oct,

a quick look in the vets and pets forum will explain why.

But i've clambered back on and have started quitting again. this time though, i hope to beat the expanding waistline by abusing the kinect on xbox. :D

So Day 1- doing this cold turkey but no really bad cravings as yet, I made sure hubby took the cigs to work, and i've no cash in my pocket so if i want a ciggie it means walking to the town to get money out the cashpoint.

I remember last time that days 1 and 2 were ok, but by day 3 i was ready to kill anyone and everyone.

I'll be back on day 7 to say how im getting on.

Good luck, one step at a time is all you can do