Windows can't find drivers for my bluetooth peripheral device.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Only Meeeeee.

I bought a USB bluetooth device (plug and play) and installed it and used it with no problems. I then tried (one day) to find my OH's bluetooth phone and it couldn't find it. So I cleverly thought I would uninstall it and then reinstall. I think I have deleted a driver from my computer and not necessarily the bluetooth dongle driver. I then plugged the thing back in and it all said 'ready to use' except for the bluetooth peripheral drivers. Here is a screen print.

Untitled2.png

Any ideas? I can't even remember what make the device was and there are no markings on it.

Edited by SOD'EM

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

If you right click in the icon relating to the device does it show a "properties" tab?

If it does, you may find the make of the thing and be able to download drivers direct from the maker.

ps. do you know your email address is on the top right of your screen print?

Edited by huggys boss
added a ps

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Download and run this - Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit - it will tell you everything about your pc and anything thats plugged in. If for some reason it can't find the bluetooth, you will at least know a lot about your computer you didn't before.

The USB is controlled by the chipset so go to the pc makers website and download the chipset driver and see then.

My computer is saying that the problem lies with her Blackberry phone, but I have just updated that.:confused:

I know it may be daft question but is the phones bluetooth conection set to hide

ie; to stop unwanted bluetooth conections.

Been through all that, it is enabled and I have actually paired with it and my laptop is trusted. I am trying to send ringtones from my laptop to the Blackberry. Even when I have it connected by USB cable, if I right click on the tone I want to send and then click on send to, the USB port that has the Blackberry plugged in to (in this case F) does not show up. At first, the troubleshooter said that the Blackberry was not equipped to handle Windows 7, so it took me to a website which updated the Blackberry's software. That all went fine and it said it was successful. However, I still cannot send MP3 ringtones.

It's definitely not my bluetooth device as it transfers the files to my Sony Ericsson phone with no problems. Gotta be something wrong with the Blackberry.

Edited by SOD'EM

:D 'I bought a USB bluetooth device (plug and play) and installed it and used it with no problems. I then tried (one day) to find my OH's bluetooth phone and it couldn't find it. So I cleverly thought I would uninstall it and then reinstall. I think I have deleted a driver from my computer and not necessarily the bluetooth dongle driver. I then plugged the thing back in and it all said 'ready to use' except for the bluetooth peripheral drivers. Here is a screen print.'

Sod'em, my OH wanted to delete a particular Windows application from a laptop and 'cleverly', as you say, permanently deleted everything this poor laptop ever knew! It ended up with the intellectual capacity of an amoeba and was running in DOS. :(

So I think you're pretty clever.

HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks HB. Here's a quick update.

I have managed to send a couple of tracks to her phone by going through her media options and then selecting ringtones/receive using bluetooth. The only thing I can't do now is just transfer them and then wait for her to accept them. That would be a much quicker option. But, I am finally getting there.:p

Even easier, Micro SD card reader and Micro SD card.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Bluetooth is great... share photos and tunes wirelessly when out and about, but the downside it's not very fast in terms of moving vast amounts of data and lots of MP3's... My phone always has a whole mannor of bits included on it so I'm quite used to data transfering to and from it :).

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar