• Tweets

• Just received a hearing date for this, it's 21/03/22 which means my witness statement needs to be in before 7th March - is that right?    When do VCS have to pay the court fee by?
    • Hi all,   Yet another lost parcel claim from Hermes. Would be grateful for comments!   Here are the high level details:   Date Sent: 11 Jan 21 what was the item:  Razerblade Laptop 2018 (my personal laptop) what was its value: £1,000 (based on depreciation estimates of the full value paid = 1,900, the fact is was upgraded with a new battery and hard drive) was the item properly declared: Yes was the value properly declared: Yes did you take out the so-called insurance: No did you book this with HERMES directly: Yes Was the parcel simply lost? Or is it damaged and then destroyed? Or is it simply damage?: Lost at the Hermes depot   The post code was initially incorrect so the Hermes courier rightly returned the parcel to the depot giving the inconsistency with the address/postcode (this was confirmed by customer services based on the tracking data). After providing customer services with the correct post code, the tracking status did not move. Loads of customer service calls and emails + a search of the depot, it was concluded that the parcel was lost.   I received the expected email saying I would not be able to claim based on the laptop being on the excluded list.  I understand from reading existing posts that my next step is to send a letter of claim before preparing the particulars of claim to the county court.   I drafted the letter below - is this ok?   Dear Hermes Parcelnet Limited, On 11/01/22 I paid £8.98 for you to deliver a parcel (Parcel ID: xxxxx). On 13/01/22, I was notified there was a delay with the delivery of the Hermes parcel and that I would be updated when my parcel would be sent out for delivery. On 18/01/2022, I contacted customer services. It was concluded that there was an error with the post code and that the Hermes courier returned the parcel to the depot on 13/01/2022 given the inconsistency with the address and the post code. Customer services confirmed the parcel was in the depot and I updated customer services with the correct postcode for the parcel to be sent. After numerous calls, emails and further investigation (including a search of the depot), on the 26/01/2022, it was concluded that the parcel was lost.   I received a Support Incident Update stating that I would be unable to claim based on the lost item being on the exclusion list (laptop). I do not find this outcome to be satisfactory. The item was properly declared to you and you were aware from the outset that it was a laptop.  It is highly likely that the laptop has been stolen by somebody employed by you given it's last known location was at your depot. The insurance that you offer against your company’s negligence and failure to deliver the service under contract is an unfair term under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and therefore unenforceable. I am once again requesting a full refund of the item’s market value (£1,000), as well as the delivery fee (£8.98) which is total sum of £1,008.98. If I do not receive a satisfactory response from you within 14 days from the date of this letter, I will issue legal proceedings against you in the county court without any further notice.   Yours Sincerely,
    • Just to clarify, FTM's original response is the way to go?  More than happy to be sending words of those effect just want to make sure it's the right avenue.  Also, the follow up to UKPC is the right thing to do?    Sorry to be a pain, want to make sure I get it right.  Really appreciate everyone's time and replies.
    • You haven't said what experience you have in parking matters, as far as I can see. Part of the point about post count is that people can check back to see what advice that person has given and make their own assessment.   HB
  • Our picks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya you all,

My sister is having a nightmare with good old bhouse and ive offered to help her with you guys help lol.

Ok she missed a payment on her 3 items for a week and received a call asking her to come into the shop.

So she went into shop to discuss and they informed her of the charges total being 9.00 plus week she had missed plus the current week. This was not affordable to her so she asked to spread the charges which was declined.

They advised there was no help they could give unless paid in full, my sister in despair told them they would have to collect the goods as there was no way it was affordable.

One of the items is kids bunk beds with 18 month of payments made on 3 year contract.

After speaking to me I have advised her to not let them into the property as they cannot force entry and cannot force entry without court order.......

her questions are :

1) Will they apply for court order and how long will it take and charges from the court etc. .

2) what will happen with the debt if not paid (passed to DCA etc). . .

3) can we possibly help with a letter to branch or head office to remove charges and continue with payments. . . .

please help out and freely advise. . . . . .

cheers. . ...............

I am a consumer helping other consumers. Together we can and will make a differance. Please double check any information or advise I may give as I like yourself am learning as I go along in life.

1) give a small donation to this site to keep it going because without this forum I would know nothing.

2) Use your experience to help somone else on another thread.

Please do not PM me, my mail address is my username at this site address . I will not under any circumstances give out advise or help through mail, only on the open forum, however feel free to mail me to point me towards your thread and general talk etc.