Barclaycard/morgan stanley - What have i got !

blueotter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm looking for a bit of advice please

,i have an old morgan stanley card that barclays now own having taken it over.

I cca'd barclays and they've produced this,

not sure if anybody has seen one like it before,

i certainly haven't.

Its neither an application form or a cca.

It has been signed for what its worth.

Barc 1 doesn't contain any prescribed terms,credit limit,interest rates etc

Barc 2 however contains a few bits and pieces but it just doesn't look right to me and i certainly would have thought it was on the back of the first doc.

Anybody got any thoughts please or seen one similar.

barc1.pdf

barc2.pdf

Edited by blueotter
additions

nope its an application form

on the left it says

'WHEN you receive your card'

poss other errors to but that kills it dead.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi BlueOtter,

Although this is clearly an Application Form, it could be construed as enforceable if the 2 pages are front and back of the same document.

Have a look at other threads which refer to MSDW cases and compare your doc'ts to others.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks,i'm not so sure they're both off the same page.

The main document talks mostly about credit searches/reference agencies etc,the fact that if i dont qualify for a platinum card they may give me a standard card instead.

There's no credit limit,charges,interest rates etc In fact there's no mention of prescribed terms whatsoever.........closest it comes is a line stating

"You have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of the Morgan Stanley Card Conditions,especially Condition 16(Personal Data).This sets out how we will use the information we obtain about you etc etc etc "

The t+c they've supplied me looks generic and the front of the document doesn't refer to it in any way.

I'll have a look through some threads at the weekend to see if i can find any similar.

I'm in a similar position kate

,have just ben sent an application form in response to a cca request which as i look at it is no indication of anything.

Could be that maybe they have more but have just sent an app form but if they've gone to the trouble to find an app form you'd think they'd find a properly executed cca form as well wouldn't you.

I refused to talk to mercers as i want all correspondence in writing,complained to barclays who removed my phone numbers as contact points and then said i had to ring them !!!

Meanwhile interest is being added and i cant see the point in making any nominal payments anymore.

I think it may be best to just write to mercers again,

say that i don't wish to speak to them,

that i'm of the opinion that their cca is worthless and i won't be paying anymore until such time as i receive a properly exectuted agreement.

Whats think of that line ?

slick do you have any ideas please