whats going on???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I really hope you can help?

I started work 3 months ago, I have worked really hard and love the job, but last week everything just changed, from doing really well and having a good relationship with my boss I returned to work on monday last week to a really horrible atmosphere and demands which were just unachievable I asked my boss if I had done something wrong but was told to toughen up! I have had my work checked as if I am not doing it right and I have not been upto anything to cut a long story short im on the sick with work stress and the following have happened:

-boss will now only speak to me if its face to face

-cant find out what its in connection with

-no one from my team is contacting me

-no work emails are coming

-my pay is going to be wrong

-forms I have to send in weekly are not been sent (these are forms that I need to complete for the week before)

-tried to speak to bosses superior, H.R even company boss all they will say is face to face meeting

Why is this happening? I haven't done anything and what can i do? I want an explanation in writing and assurances my pay will be correct

I'm in bits about this please help :confused:

Hello and welcome to CAG. This does sound slightly odd, I agree, but it's always hard to second guess from the outside.

How long have you been off sick? I'm not sure you'd normally expect to be receving emails and paperwork from the office in these circumstances. Indeed, other people on the forum have felt very stressed by hearing from the office while off sick, particularly with stress.

Why are they so adamant about having a face to face meeting? Have you tried emailing these people to ask your questions?

I would like the others to comment when they come along, but I think your ultimate solution could be to raise a grievance if you don't receive any more information from work.

If they will only have a face to face meeting, it doesn't have to be at work, and you would be well-advised to record it, if there is going to be nothing in writing. Some mobile phones will do this.

Try not to worry too much about things you cannot change and concentrate on the things you can do something about. We'll help as much as we can.

HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi thank you so much for replying

Honeybee the paper work I havent been sent has to be filled in each month or we are fined £50 or the total of all our buiness miles is taken from our pay. I should have recieved it when I was at work but it has not been sent dispite requests when I was at work.

I spoke to ACAS who really helped but I really dont know how I should word my grievence to work, I feel like im just causing trouble, but I really cant see them listening to me.

I have really worked hard and this feels so wrong, its like its easier to get rid of me than sort out a training issue

I have looked at my contract and its so vague its unreal.

I started with another 10 new starters and I think there is only two or three of us left.

And yes im on a probation contract, and I know my rights are very limited but surely they have a duty of care?

I really hate conflict but if I dont do anything I doubt I will even get the pay I am owed. I really dont want anyone else going through this and if I dont do something it will never change :confused:

Sorry for being cynical, but the reason I asked is that I expected your answer to be in the affirmative. IMO, and I hope I am wrong, they're planning to get rid of you and save as much as they can in the process. :-(

Hi Bookworm

Thats exactly what I think! its so unfair, I need this job i have a family and it took so long to get it, now its going down the plug hole and I know I cant stop it, I wish I could just be heard. I just don't know how to make them listen.

As it looks like I have to leave, getting the pay and unpaid overtime (i have an email from my boss saying to keep a record of all the extra hours and that she would see to it I got them back) im owed is bound to be another problem.

I am normally so optimistic but why me? I have picked myself up and dusted myself down so many times I just don't have the fight in me, I feel like I have let my family down

Hi sorry about the delay replying, basically I need advice on what to do next, I don't think I can go back after everything that has gone on and the way I have been treated,its like the company have closed ranks.

Should I put in a formal grievance or am I just wasting my time?

It makes my blood boil the way they are behaving as I'm sure I haven't done anything to deserve it. So any advice would really help:confused:

Well, truthfully, there isn't a lot you can do. At 3 months into the job, if you put in a grievance, they will give it lip service and then terminate your probation for whatever reason.

Or if you quit, you're doing what it seems they want.

If you go back, there's a fair chance you won't last long, whether because they hound you out or terminate your employment. In all fairness, having gone off with stress after 3 months employment doesn't bode well for a bright future in the company anyway.

What is your current notice period? What *I* would do is look elsewhere, stay signed off in the meantime (assuming they are still paying you), then hand in your notice as soon as you have secured another job.

Hi

Notice period is a week but every other person who started with me has gone for a meeting, never to return or be heard from again,

I know been off is not the best thing but I really didnt know what else to do, I was going along fine then within a week everything went mad.

Can I just ask, with regard to the excessive overtime I have done I have an email from my boss saying to keep a note of all the extra hours as she would try to get them back.

Should I still be able to get some back (in last 2 months overtime is in excess of 45 hours)

Sorry for asking so many questions but with the boss been so unhelpful etc how should I go about getting this the money owed? (she has already backed out of an agreement to pay me two days while I was ill for working from home) I only get ssp while off and I think the company should pay what she agreed, its not a little company

Hi since I last posted I found out my employer has deducted £700 from my pay due tomorrow! my bonus has been taken off, days worked have been taken off all of which I had already questioned with my manager and HR were made aware that I was worried and asked to confirm no unlawful deductions were to be made.

Long and short of it is I have put in a written grievance which they have stated will mean a meeting. Im not in a union and most have said they will not get involved in grievances that are already on going.

I really need someone to come with me who will be able to take notes and support me through the meeting.

Can you suggest organizations or just someone who would be willing to help any help would be great!

Take a 'friend' with you, all suited and booted and introduce him/her into the proceedings as an 'acquaintance'.

Get them to take notes

At the very least they will/should treat you with respect hopefully and you never know they might even offer what you want ;)

Do you have a friend that could do that for you?

Nothing guaranteed as the law is on their side but you never know

Really i need someone who knows a bit about this type of thing, I had thought about taking a friend but they work and they don't have much idea about these type of things and I just want to make sure I don't do the wrong things and make sure I get answers.

I'm not sure you can take a friend to a grievance meeting. You need to check the ACAS rules for that. CAB sometimes help with this sort of thing, but they're so stretched that you may find they can't send someone with you.

Or you could try a local law centre, if there is one.

If you don't find anyone to go with you and your colleagues are unwilling, then you need to amass all your grievances and make notes of what you want to say. Can you prove that you are owed money, written evidence etc?

I'm not sure what you mean about saying the wrong thing. If it's your grievance, then I would take the view that they're there to answer your questions. If you don't get an answer the first time you ask, put the same question again. And record the meeting [don't tell them], or make notes while it's happening. That will firstly make sure you have notes of what is said and also gives you time to think.

If you aren't paid, then you will be able to write a letter before action, lba, demanding that they pay you and if they don't, then I think you could be looking at an ET or possibly court proceedings. I hope some of our ET gurus will comment later for you.

HB

Cassie, this is some of what ACAS say about grievance hearings, hope it helps. Have you spoken to ACAS's confidential helpline? The number's on their website.

What is a grievance hearing?A grievance hearing is a meeting that deals with any grievance raised by an employee. If your employer arranges a grievance hearing there are certain considerations. They should:

• hold the meeting in private
  • consider who else could hear the complaint if your grievance is about your line manager
  • tell you of your right to be accompanied
  • ensure an open discussion of the issue
  • consider adjourning the meeting if further advice needs to be sought
  • give you the chance to appeal if you're not happy with the decision

HB

Cassie, this is from the directgov website with more information. You can't take a friend to this sort of meeting.

HB

Meeting with your employer

Your employer should arrange an initial meeting at a reasonable time and place to discuss your grievance. You should make every effort to attend the meeting.

Gather your thoughts before the meeting. Don't be afraid to write down what you want to say, there is nothing wrong with reading it out at the meeting.

It is up to your employer what format the meeting takes. They will normally go through the issues that have been raised and give you the opportunity to comment. The main purpose of the meeting should be to try to:

• establish the facts
  • find a way to resolve the problem

If it appears further investigation is needed, your employer should consider pausing the meeting and arrange to finish it at a later date.

You have a statutory (legal) right to take a companion to the meeting with you. To exercise this right, you must make a request to your employer that someone comes with you. They may be:

• a colleague
  • a trade union representative
  • a trade union official

If no colleague can accompany you, and you are not a trade union member, ask if you can bring a family member or Citizens Advice Bureau worker. Your employer does not have to agree to this unless your employment contract says they must. However, it can still be worth asking and explaining why you feel it would be helpful.

The companion can:

• present and/or sum up your case
  • talk on your behalf
  • discuss with you during the hearing

However, the companion cannot answer questions on your behalf. They are protected from unfair dismissal or other mistreatment for supporting you.

After the meeting, your employer should write to you to give you their decision.

Where to get help

Acas offers free, confidential and impartial advice on all employment rights issues.

Your local Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) can provide free and impartial advice. You can find your local CAB office in the phone book or online.

HONEYBEE13 YOUR A STAR!

Thank you so much for all your help and information!

I received my payslip and the deductions are massive! how companies get away with been so underhand is beggars belief!

Since I put in my grievance I feel better for at least trying to sort this out and standing up to bullies!

Still a long way to go and I don't for a minute believe I will be treated fair but its a start.

Thank you again and everyone else that have offered help!

Im bound to be back again for more advice ha! x

Hi,

This situation is understanbly stressful...

Are you, in your opinion, the only one treated as such at work?

Are you aware of anything which could have changed globally (new policies, restrains applied to some areas of work, more regular checks from senior management, etc...)?

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.