Sign in to follow this  
Guest malissa7999

Halifax charges spirraling out of control

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3674 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Guest malissa7999

Please can someone offer me some advice,

I have a bank charges complaint for charges totaling over £2000 with Halifax currently with the FOS which has been for nearly 2 years !!

The FOS have done nothing to help, despite having a finacial difficulty claim with them i really am struggling to cope financialy.

I am no longer with Halifax, my agreed overdraft was £1400, as of todate the balance of that account is now £1878 there is a good £700 of this balance which are all bank charges, and with the new charging regime this is going up and up.

I contacted Halifax to ask them for help we agreed mutually that the account would be closed completely, no more charges would be incurred onto the account, so long as i agree to pay £50 per month into this account.

Ive just checked my credit file, and it states that the debt agreement was started on the 1st July 2010, and they have marked my file as having '2 subsequent late payments' i have not paid the 1st £50 yet as i do not have any money till the end of the month, how can they justify stating i have 2 late payments?

this is going to cause me further harm if Halifax damage my credit rating.

I desperately need help as i am also currently off work sick at the moment due to an operation, and i feel that the FOS are doing little to help.

any advice is grately appreciated.

Kind Regards

Malissa

Sign in to follow this