Now in the OPC club

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4804 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You wont need a lawyer anyway, AL27 has proved himself better than anyone you could get from the law society. He has defeated OPC on every case.

regards

LOL. One defeat, but the defendant didn't want to appeal.

Still, about 14 out of 15 ain't bad.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And don't go thinking that Windsor-Smythe & Partners are solicitors as they are just debt-collectors with absolutely no more powers to collect debts than you or me.

Windsor Smythe are dissolved and should not be sending out letters any more.

• Confused 1

legal costs not claimable in small claims

Apologies, I stand corrected. OK, so legal costs not reclaimable in small claims court. I didn't chk, so 4got about that one. But so much the better, coz then all the more reason 2 defend y/self. The law covering this area is easily comprehensible to Joe Public, so there's no reason 4 throwing in the towel 4 fear of escalating legal costs. But just 2 b clear about other posts here, does Al27 offer his services 2 allcomers, and what does he chrge? Not everybody is comfortable doing a Perry Mason in a public arena.

But just 2 b clear about other posts here, does Al27 offer his services 2 allcomers, and what does he chrge? Not everybody is comfortable doing a Perry Mason in a public arena.

Zero!

Small claims is for the layman. No in-depth legal knowledge is required, just a basic understanding of why the amount demanded is a contractual penalty and not related to actual loss incurred.

Ahh, yes indeed Al27, but don't u have to refer to/quote relevent statute/case law 2 back up your arguments?

And the question still stands - how does one enlist your services if it comes to the crunch? Not that I expect 2 have any need of them, since I have a straightfwd & cast iron defence - I was not in chrge of the vehicle @ the time!! But 4 future reference, in case s/one I know could use your help.

Ahh, yes indeed Al27, but don't u have to refer to/quote relevent statute/case law 2 back up your arguments?

And the question still stands - how does one enlist your services if it comes to the crunch? Not that I expect 2 have any need of them, since I have a straightfwd & cast iron defence - I was not in chrge of the vehicle @ the time!! But 4 future reference, in case s/one I know could use your help.

You could always get the someone you know to post on here as you did, and if he can help I'm sure Al will pick it up.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

The basic defence is already set in stone. I just tweak the text for each case.

Just drop me a message if you need some help. But since you weren't the driver, I'd recommend just trying to get any claim struck out from the start. Again, I have the text for this scenario.

Every chance you'll never need to contact me though.

OK, thx 4 the replies guys. I seriously doubt it will ever go that far (so far, reached the 'FINAL DEMAND' stage from the so-called debt collector), but if it did, I could well b in touch about the standard form request for a strike out.

One thought occurs tho. Do I have 2 prove 2 the court that I was not the driver, or is it simply sufficient to state the fact?

Did you actually get a letter from Windsor Smythe?

Making statements in court is taken as the truth unless it can be proven otherwise. It would be up to OPC to prove you were the driver.

You can back any statement up with an affidavit though, which is free to do down at the court.

Apologies 4 the delay Al27 - got way laid by a deadline.

No, not Windsor Smythe, but LRC (Legal Recoveries & Collection). My 'invoice-that's-impersonating-a-fine' is from Athena ANPR, not OPC. U could say this is a sub-thread of a thread started by afcwben. My guess is the threat escalation process is pretty much the same regardless of PPC. And I would also guess that 99.99% fizzle out b4 they reach court. But if they're stupid enough 2 pursue me, I say 'bring it on'. I look fwd to draining them of some of their ill-gotten gains.

but my time is around £40 per hr. its gonna be a loss for me in that case and more hassel. :???:

£40 an hour 8 hours a day = £320 a day 5 days a week =£1600 52 weeks a year =£83200 a year I thought only parking [problem] operators earnt that much

• 2 months later...

I've not heard anything from OPC this year. I'll be handing in my solicitor's response to their solicitor's response to the Judge's order on Monday, next hearing is towards the end of February.

I have called their solicitor a couple of times this month but he has not got back to me (yet). Not sure what this might indicate.

(Their solicitor dealing with my case is a genuine one, I am not referring to "Wyndsor Smythe" or "OPC Legal Dept").

Looking forward to hearing the result of the appeal, Al!

Hello all. Just joined this forum and i really think its very informative.

I live in Ingress Park with my brother and his wife and to answer your question Zebb, they (OPC)are very much around! My brother just called me upto tell me that he got a ticket for parking infront of his back door!

Apparently we suspect its a neighbour who went and reported him to them.

The issue here is that these estates are built with little consideration for parking as they want to maximise as much space for building more structures to the detriment of considering parking issues.

The house has an allocated garage. This garage cannot contain his wife's car as it is too big for the small space, she will not be able to get out of the car or else she goes out through the boot!(i guess they built these garages with mini's in mind). If he has to park his own car in it, it will mean that he moves her car out every morning away from the front of the allocated car parking space infront of the garage.

As they have a baby and a 2 yr old, i dont think it will be convenient to strap them up and get them out of the car and having to do this all in that garage. Thats the reason he started parking infront of the back door which hasnt been marked at all as vistors parking or otherwise.

I dont know if we are in the wrong and i will definitely love your thoughts on this but whats the point in wanting to live in such a nice place yet have such nightmares with regards to parking?

Edited by samimay23

Hi guys,

I have recently (last two days) received two more demand letters from OPC for around July last year. I moved at the end of July, so this should be the last lot of letters.

I am waiting to hear from the court following a stay, but until then - OPC are out of sight, out of mind.

Samimay - Ingress Park is a nice place to live apart from one thing - the parking situation. It's one big reason why we moved in the end. I have two parking spaces now, and would NEVER rent anywhere that didn't have dedicated car spaces or was patrolled by a private parking company. It's not worth the hassle, and there are plenty of other places!

hi, it probably wasn't your neighbour reporting you, OPC were giving out tickets today and if your car is not in a designated bay they will give you at ticket. they once went to put a ticket on my partners car when i explained we could not park it anywhere else they left. They then came back about 10 min later when they thought I wasn't looking and gave me a ticket, so we have the same problem as you and have countless tickets. there is not much you can do about it at the moment just ignore. if you read the other thread on this forum (OPC ingress park) it will show you are not alone. there is a court case this month that will decide what is happening with our situation.

Please ignore the letter and don't pay up. I live in Ingress park and have lots of these letters and until you receive something from the county court you should do nothing. OPC just hope that a few people will reply to these demands that is how they make their money. The reason they put legal department on the letter is to scare people into paying. There is a court case involving residents of Ingress park and OPC at the end of the month. The outcome will decide what will be happening about all other cases. A lot of people in Ingress park are in your position and the more people that pay the tickets the longer OPC will be around.