• Tweets

• Thank You Bankfodder. What do you mean by the statement I have been offered?   I really eish i could make it a clean break and return the car as I want this to end and I dont really want a car without service history but I feel I am stuck in a hard place. The MOT is due next month and the warnings on the car are becoming more frequent. Either way I'm sure i will end up having to fix it.
    • Being objective, it could be that they accept you've cancelled the DD mandate and you can no longer access the gym.   But that does not rule out them arguing that you cancelled early or without the notice they require.   Let's not second guess though - let us know if they come after you for more, or if they let it rest.
    • I'm asking this as a result of a recent experience as i know some of you are really knowledgeable about disciplinarys. I know it's going to sound a bit cryptic but here goes.   So without giving too much away, if a local authority staff member is caught somewhere they should not be, doing something they should not be doing (usually a criminal record)  & when confronted by a member of the public tells that member of public to F' off, makes derogatory remarks about them, then on camera gives them the middle finger (all backed by witness statement), what sort of hope does that person have of retaining their job?   Clearly gross misconduct, but realistically is this survivable?
    • ROFL Says the person who almost exclusively just posts his unsupported 'opinion', ... which actually seem to come straight from Boris the Liars Puerile book of Populist Jingles (2nd edition) - but that is the populist way isn't it whether Russian troll bot or actual populist on a forum - point the finger of their own failings at others.     Back to reality: People just have to google 'Johnson foreigner lies' to get swamped with examples,   - or just 'Johnson lies' to get his divisive hate and division peddling on everything  racist/foreigner bashing/ misogynistic/the list goes on .. peddling to name but a few.   Heres just a couple of examples from literally thousands across the world: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/37-lies-gaffes-scandals-make-18558695   https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-record-sexist-homophobic-and-racist-comments-bumboys-piccaninnies-2019-6?r=US&IR=T   https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/boris-johnson-brexit-middle-east-priti-patel-israel-balfour-robert-fisk-a9030356.html   https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/06/24/the-empty-promise-of-boris-johnson   Now your turn to catch up supporting your many 'opinion' posts Mr unsupported populist opinionist. .. .. A little help: Try googling 'boris Johnson competent' oops that  wont help you.      
    • I had some good news on this yesterday as the dealer refunded me in full. This wasn't without a fight though and he was digging his heels in. I did mention my rights several times and dismissed his claims regarding a warranty.   I was due to drop it off at his mechanics yesterday but they were closed until Monday. He said he would get the issues fixed before reselling it. I've checked this morning and the car is listed back on Autotrader. It's obvious they don't care.   Thanks all to helped on here.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
lexis200

Anyone on here an Estate Agent by any chance???

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3674 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have a little question if you are.

There is a house we love but which has currently got an offer on it which has been accepted (yesterday:(. The house has been on the market since at least September, but the moment we get close to possibly being able to get a mortgage it gets an offer:mad:). We can't put in an offer yet as we haven't got the go ahead on a mortgage, but if we do get it the agent told us he'd put the offer through to the vendor.

I was just wondering what ethics an agent would have if we put in an offer of x, but with the instruction that if the vendor says no they can offer to go to y? Would they actually put the offer of x through, or would they either just put the offer of y through straight away, or even say 'we have got x but say no and they'll offer y'.

We don't want to be to-ing and fro-ing with offers as I guess they'll not want to do that what with the offer having been accepted already, which is why we were wondering about telling the agent our maximum but asking them to start a little lower.

Any thoughts appreciated:)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

I best answer I can give is don't put a better offer in 'till you have a better mortgage offer in place. You can suggest to the vendors agent that you are awaiting an offer but don't let them know what your max is.

Remember their duty is to their vendor first, not the buyer. After all the vendor is paying their commission.

Lex

Edited by Mr lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I'm sorry Lexis, I don't know what would happen if y was more than x and then transferred back to y.

I was always rubbish at maths.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I'm sorry Lexis, I don't know what would happen if y was more than x and then transferred back to y.

I was always rubbish at maths.

You're always so helpful Sod'em, thanks:D:p

Cheers Mr Lex - I spoke to a friend today who's sold her fair share of houses and she basically said they will just put the higher offer straight in:rolleyes:

We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Guest Jason King

Being an estate agent must be the biggest non-job ever.

I've bought and sold numerous houses and have never used one, hence, the proof they are not needed.

Do you know the circumstances of the person who has made an offer?

Often the vendor will look at who is in the best position to move, ie is it a cash sale, is there a chain, is the mortgage in place etc.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I'm a quantity surveyor so have the same qualifications as an estate agent, did the basics at college but have never stooped that low

EA's are agents for the vendor so assume its the same as talking to the vendor... its their job to get as much money for the house they are selling as they can plus they normaly base the main part of their charge to their client on a percentage of the sale price... so the more they sell for the more they get too :rolleyes: so decide how much your willing to pay... has the agent told you how much the offer thats been accepted is?... and make your offer.

There is no way around negotiation, if the agent thinks he can get more he will tell his client and they will try to get it out of you.

As Caro said the agent/vendor will also look at who is in the best position to buy, ie is it a cash sale, is there a chain, is the mortgage in place etc. so if you dont have to sell and can move quickly you may steal a jump on the other purchaser.

pete

Guest wino

It is up to the vendor which offer they accept. If they have already accepted an offer then decide to accept yours then you would of 'Gazumped' the first offer. As previously said though just because your offer maybe higher the vendor will weigh up both offers and decide who to go with. Good luck:)