1and1 Limited - www.1and1.co.uk

Essex-Webs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have accounts with 1and1 Internet (1and1 Limited) www.1and1.co.uk

Been a customer for over 15 months and must of spent over £1000 in that time.

1 of my packages is for a Virtual Private Server at £34.99 + VAT

I downgraded this package to a £14.99 VPS. I have since been sent a invoice for the old package which is incorrect and 1and1 Acknowledge this mistake.

So I have been over charged by £20.00 on the invoice.

1and1 want me to Pay the Incorrect Invoice and will then provide Credit for the £20 at a later date.

The incorrect invoice is dated 27th June 2010 and have sent about 7 emails, 5 phone calls to try and get this sorted out. I am not refusing to pay, just not willing to pay an incorrect invoice.

1and1 have said unless I pay the invoice, my accounts will be suspended.

How can a UK Company act like this, Demand payment for an incorrect invoice and then issue a credit note. Its been over 25 days and they have not issued a credit note.

If they suspend my accounts, all my emails will stop working.

Any Advise please?

Been told, unless i pay £48.41 inc VAT by Monday my account will be suspended.

I should only have been billed £14.99 + VAT

They are based in the UK and dont reply to any of my emails, phone calls.

Ive asked to speak to someone senior within the company and they refuse.

Follow my progress at

1and1 Internet Limited

You might want to move that blog if you start getting any traffic, as 1and1 have every right to shut it down as it's on their servers.

Personally, I have my domains with godaddy or namecheap (or 123-reg for uk domains) and then use either hostgator, midphase or hostnine (latter has uk-based servers) for hosting.

I have used 1and1 in the past and tbh found them to be pants. And, I would rather use cpanel hosting on reseller accounts now - which works great.

Hi Essex,

It's rip-off Britain, there are some contact details here

United Internet AG - Impressum-Hauptsitz

You could threaten them with small claims court, breach of contract.

It's actually a German company. Any letters send recorded.

Give Consumer Direct a ring Consumer Direct

Depends where you bought from, but getting consumer direct onto 1&1 limited: WebCHeck - Select and Access Company Information might be better.

UK-blog.co.uk is now with 123-reg not 1and1 - dns should of been updated and pointing to the new server

if your dns as updated, you should see a site that looks like

here is the blog link >> 1and1 Internet Limited

1an1.jpg

You don't need to show me a screenshot, I'm not stupid.

I'm guessing you must have moved it over this morning? (as all of the dns records haven't updated).

Sorry Zingy, i was not calling you stupid, just wanted to make sure you was getting the correct page thats all.

You're okay. I'm not your average joe public who knows sod all about t'internet and the like.

Why did you choose a subdomain for the blog anyhow? Thought a nice aged domain would do better with the big G (and a few more posts that are fully pinged (as well as a load of links) should get you some traffic etc).

Also, there's loads of people who have moved away from 1and1 etc, see: 1and1 Hosting Reviews - Read 1and1 Hosting Web Hosting Reviews at WebHostingTestimonials.com

Hiya Zingy

reason for using a sub domain for the blog, is so i can use the main domain for like a index to all the sub blogs (sub domains)

so http://www.uk-blog.co.uk/ would have a Index page full of content etc and then it would have links to all other blogs such as http://1and1.uk-blog.co.uk/

Each to their own I guess.

I don't use subdomains any longer as they offer no real benefit; they are treated as new sites by google and if you start to get some serious traffic then you'll get sandboxed for a good six months or so from G (I speak from experience).

Good luck with it.

Why do google sandbox sub domains? if google class them as new sites

It's too much to go into on here, but they don't know the validity of your site as it hasn't been around for long and blackhatters use subdomains a lot to [problem] the system.

So, in essence, your site isn't trusted by Google - it wants to see what you're going to do etc. Just as if you're given financial advice by a guy in his early 20s who has just passed all his qualifications to be an IFA, compared to someone who has been in the position for 10 years+ and has many satisfied clients. You'd probably be inclined to place more credibility on the latter guy's advice than the first.