pay issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just had a wage slip on it is listed

gross pay ajustment -251

no explanatiion or anything

waht do i do with it

and shouldnt they warn me in advance

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Hi Labrat,

If you have not agreed to this deduction then it is illegal.

Seek an explanation from your Pay Office as soon as possible, telling them that you cannot afford to lose such a huge amount of money in one go.

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

sorry was a very quick message as i was still in work

best i can get off a team leader is "they probably overpaid you before"

i am planning to talk to the lady who does wages but no supprise she finishes early on paydays.

at £251 this is around 14% of my wage packet that has been removed which is why i am so annoyed.

oh and according to our employee handbook

Occasionally, under or over-payments of salary may occur, for example due to the time needed to input certain variable data relating to actual hours worked, sales, absences, etc. (See also Sick Pay section). If this happens, we will make an adjustment to your pay in the following pay period

i notice theres nothing in there about informing you first

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

well spoke to the lass that deals with pay today

she has no idea why its been deducted but is going to try to find out for next week....

Please note:

Although it is good practice to inform you first, there is no legal requirement for them to do so. There is an automatic right for salary overpayments to be deducted, and the clause in your contract is clarification of that. They should though give you a more detailed breakdown.

If the overpayment (if that is what it is) has occurred over an extended period, it would be most unreasonable for them to take it all back at once since you could not have been expected to notice that you had been paid too much. If this is going to cause you problems, get a grievance in and tell them that they are being unreasonable and propose a more acceptable repayment arrangement.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

well still no answer...

our area emailed payroll

they said they dont know what the deductions for jsut that headoffice told them t

head office havent replied yet

Please note: