style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK quick run down , been battling with welcome finance for 2 years now with ref to a default they put on my credit file.

Took a loan out , lost my job , ppi wouldn't pay out , claimed back ppi charges and loan charges , checked credit file , saw default , default mostly made up of ppi and charges, asked for default to be removed due to ppi and charges ,they refused , offered settlement to remove default, they refused.

OK i haven't chased anything with this account for a while then randomly got a letter today saying the following:

We will not remove the default on your credit file as the default notice was issued correctly due to you defaulting on the agreement , however we have contacted the cras and updated the default balance to show the amount the default is now the charges and ppi have been refunded (£2550 before - £400 after)

My question is , if the amount on the default has changed will that make the original notice void due to the original amount being stated on that notice.

hope that makes sense

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

you need to post in the welcome forum

if you got a default notice, and the sum state contained charges, then the dn is invalid, if the dn is invalid then the resultant default was invalid.

however, was there a DN issued or was this a missed or late payment marker.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thanks for getting back to me

I received a DN about 4 years ago with the original amount (£2200) but they've changed the amount of the default for which I didn't receive a notice just a letter saying that the amount for charges and ppi had been removed from the original default amount

yea i bet

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...