Please Come And Work For Us!!

twoman

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI All,

Just seen this in my local paper (Birmingham Evening Mail ) ...couldn't stop laughing..peed my pants!

Oh by the way it's Morons Debt Recovery .....sorry Moorcroft.

Dunno, depends on what the doorstep is made of, I would imagine a lump or marble would get quite a good price and therefore higher comission. That said I doubt anybody would want a second hand concrete doorstep and a lump of wood would not be worth much.

After all nobody is stupid enough to pay a Moorcroft Step collector

(are they?)

Well, I have before me a Moorcroft payment book which belongs to an individual I am currently helping. The collector suddenly stopped coming round, apparently, and nothing has been heard from Moorcroft for well over a year.

What is of concern is the lack of detail in the book. Apart from the individual's name, and the collector's first name and phone number, no information has been recorded - no account number and no reference to what the debt is for or the amount outstanding. Inside, there are a number of entries showing payments made, but no balance. So, several hundred pounds paid towards.... what?

The debtor has no paperwork and has many other debts, yet was paying £20-£30 per week that she cannot afford against the word of some elderly chancer who knocked on her door one evening. She isn't stupid, just drowning in threatograms from all the usual suspects.