CL Finance respond to CCA request - ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, keep up the good work. Illness and loss of work led to borrowing to pay borrowings; starting to get my life back together with CAG help. Many thanks.

I have 4 store card accounts being chased by CL Finance. One went suddenly to CCJ last year unfortunately, before I found this site.

I have requested CCA for the other 3 accounts following advice from this site, and I have attached a copy of their response, a standard letter that I have had for the accounts with them.

Has anyone had experience with CL Finance?

I will raise a dispute with them because they are out of time, but what can they do regarding their threat of a debt collector please?

Many thanks,

Rocky

CL Finance response to CCA request 07-10.pdf

Rocky

I have requested my CCA from them and have had the same letter back as you.

I know they wont have one so am going to offer them a stupidly low F&F settlement offer in order to remove my default

It is just the usual waffle Creditors spout.

If they are out of time 12+2 working day ge the account in dispute letter of to them.

The account then remains disputed until such time as they furnish your request.

There are correct the debt is NOT written off, it is just not enforceable in the county court. They do and probably will instruct a DCA to try and collect and will more then likely report the none payment to the credit agencies.

Have you received a Default Noitce?

Termination Notice

When did you last make any payment toward the account?

When was the account opened?

Hi alfwithhair, thanks for your advice.

I have had default notices for the accounts (2007) and letters of notification of transfer of ownership from G.E.Money to CL Finance (sent by CLF) but no termination notice from G.E Money.

Last payments to CLF were made ilast month. Original accounts were opened years ago, but I don't have dates.

Cheers,

Rocky

Rocky

If they have not supplied an enforceable Agreement as requested, send the Account in Dispute letter.

You are still paying CLF, that is of course your decision, but if the account is in dispute they cannot enforce through Court without the original Agreement, so if you continue to pay, you will be putting off the SB date.

With regard to F & F if this is the way you want to go, start low at say, 5% of the balance (after removing charges etc). But make sure you request written confirmation of acceptance and other requirements.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, keep up the good work.

It is a long slog and at every step there seems to be another problem. I am following the advice already offered, thank you greatly; every time I get a letter, my heart still stops briefly. It is good to hear about others experiences.

The latest problems are:

1) Creation fin servs have returned my CCA letter and postal order for me to sign so they "have a copy of my signature so they may proceed with my request" Sounds dodgy. Should I sign and return and if so by recorded post again?

2) CCA received (attached) from CL Finance for a Burtons card: is it enforceable please?

3) CCA received (attached) from CL finance for Debs card : same question but urgent (OH is worried about getting a CCJ).

Hope someone can help please.

Thanks, Rocky

Burtons CCA.pdf

Debs CCA.pdf

Rocky

Personally, I would not sign and return it.

The two that they have already sent you, did you sign the letters for them or are they on the strength of the letter and postal order they have returned?

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Rocky, check your inbox, I have sent you a pm!

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

**BB Waves to guests**

No don't sign anything, this is a ruse and a stalling tactic employed by them, they know the law, and their isn't one which syays that you have to sign anything.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Struggling to survive but battling on with Caggers' help.

I wrote to Creation with a CCA request for a store card (14/07/10).

They returned the CCA request and postal order, asking for a signature (2/08/10).

I wrote back (3/08/10) with a dispute letter also saying that the act doesn't require a signature and returned my request and postal order to them, but they sent it back again (18/08/10).

In frustration I signed with a modified, identifiable signature in case they scanned it and used it to create an agreement (- they wouldn't would they?) and sent it back on 7th September.

I have heard nothing since.

Do I need to send a second dispute letter or will the first one stand?

Grateful for your thoughts, thanks,

RR

Rocky

I knew I had spotted this letter somewhere. If anybody else tries that one again, chuck one of those at them.

I never normally sign anything with my full name, just use initials and surname, so for the purposes of dealing with these people I created a jpeg from a scan of my sig with full name, written in thick purple ink. It's saved on my pc and put at bottom of any letter I send. Looks handwritten.

If ever an agreement turned up with that on, I would have SUCH fun!!

:whoo:

Elsa x