style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3675 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am employed by a Farmer (Farm Secretary).

Firstly - My Father Inlaw has died am I entitled to paid Bereavement Leave?

Secondly - I am a Part Qualified Accountant and also Qualified as a Payroll Supervisor. I have been told to train a person who has no accounts experience at all to do my job - all they have ever done is Admin. How do you train someone from scratch, surely this would be more like teaching. Or can I just show them how the programmes work?

:confused:

Hi Welcome, sorry to hear about your FiL, I have found this link see if it helps

Agricultural workers' holiday leave : Directgov - Employment

regarding your second question, I would show the person how the programm works and perhaps she could learn what is needed such as book keeping in her spare time. Or perhaps the company would assist her with training. ;)

Hello and welcome to the forum. Do you have a contract of employment that deals with compassionate leave?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I have a contract of employment but there is nothing regarding compassionate leave.

I don't have time to look right now sorry, but have a look on directgov and see what their guidelines are.

HB

After an exhaustive search on leave for a death in the family that I ad to do recently, Agricultral works seems to be the only one that is entitled to this leave 3 or 4 days. See the link below it is at the bottom of the page. However, as you are working in a different compacity instead of working in the farm so speak, I am not sure if you would qualify as Agricutral worker. See what you employment of contract and the title of your work on the farm.

Hope it works to your advantage.

I have an Agricultural Workers Contract with Job Title of Farm Secretary

Hello. This is what the directgov website says about compassionate leave.

Compassionate leave

If you need time off to cope with a situation that doesn't fall under the 'time off for dependants' right, you may have a right to time off under your contract of employment. Many employers will have a scheme for compassionate leave and details should be included in your contract or company handbook. If the situation is not covered by any scheme then you can still ask your employer for the time off, although they do not have to agree to your request.

The other thing you could do is to ring the ACAS helpline. It's confidential and the number is on their website.

HB

This is a very good link for employees, also it has a free telephone number which always help.

I will be giving them a ring soon but first I must explore the website which is a government one to see if it applies to me.

Pay and Work Rights : Directgov